Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Changing of the Guard


Congrats to Josh and Rosa! Christi & Shayla have a new second cousin! Yipeee! What a cutie!! We wish the baby good health and much happiness!

The official "Changing of the Guard" took place outside the sleeping Princess's hospital room this morning with tears pouring down my face. Shayla and I then walked over to wait for the train. Christi had her last day of the TVD chemos this morning and was discharged and back to Ronald this afternoon. Unfortunately, her mouth sores have just started to invade. Her mouth sores will slow the eating and will begin her intense pain. Thankfully, Shayne hadn't noted any neck pain today!

Thanks to my best friend, Becky B., and her wonderful son, Scott, Shayla and I were picked up outside of the Detroit airport this afternoon and it feels great to be home now- despite the fact my heart is still in Philadelphia. I will do my very best to ensure that Shayla has a tremendous week; I have some special things planned - just for the two of us! Thanks for checking in! Thanks for your continued prayers and support!

2 Comments:

At 28/3/06 8:27 PM, Blogger Candy said...

Thinking of the wonderful Thomas Team and wishing you didn't have to be apart from each other. Many prayers are with Christi as she battles the mouth sores...I hope they disappear quickly.

 
At 28/3/06 8:55 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm so glad to hear that you and Shayla arrived safely home- even though I know your heart is sad to be away from sweet Christi. I'm soo glad her neck pain is getting better. Praise God for that.

I'll be praying that her mouth sores won't be too unbearable and that the pain meds will be effective for treating her pain.

I hope you and Shayla have a delightful week together and enjoy the special things you have planned for just the two of you.

Congratulations second Cousins Christi and Shayla- how wonderful!!

Much love, many prayers to you all,
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home