Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Announcing the $1,000 CT Scholarship for Fremont St. Joe!

Shayla(5) & Christi (7) with those beautiful St. Joe's Cheerleaders (August 2004)

We're trying to stay positive and forward thinking today! Therefore, Shayne and I are happy to announce that a $1,000 scholarship has been established by the Christi Thomas Memorial Fund. This scholarship will go to a graduate or a graduating Senior of Fremont St. Joe Catholic High School who will be attending an institution of higher education next year! Applicants can obtain everything online at:

http://www.christithomas.org/scholarships.html

Somehow Shayne managed to round up enough courage to donate blood today at the Christi Thomas Memorial Blood Drive. The man is simply amazing! I really don't know how he emotionally made it through. God is good! Our deepest thanks for all who were able to donate blood in Christi's memory and for the many prayers that have been sent our way in recent days!

While Shayne had been asking for family photos because we had not had them professionally taken since August of 2005, every time I see a picture of just the three of us it seems like we're missing someone. Regardless, I agreed to have Shayla's first Holy communion photos taken tonight as well as our family picture. Of course we couldn't do anything the easy way. We decided to take all four of Shayla's pets to this sweet lady's basement for our photo shoot. (2 cats, 1 bunny, 1 guinea pig) I don't know how well the photos will turn out, but we did some serious laughing about the four pets NOT wanting their pictures taken!

May God richly bless you! We hope tomorrow will be a better day and we thank you for your love, prayers and support!!

8 Comments:

At 19/3/07 8:12 PM, Blogger Frapper said...

I'm glad that you made it through today and through the family photos. I'm sure they're going to be quite unique with your pets in them! I know most of our pictures have our dog in them, and I think we have more dog photos than human ones, at times. I hope that the rest of your week is a good one. How wonderful of Christi's dad to donate blood--I'm sure she was smiling down as he did this.

 
At 19/3/07 8:54 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm sure today was oh so difficult, I myself kept looking at the clock on my computer as it neared 9:00 am and I sent up many prayers for all of you today.

I love this latest scholorship and I'm sure Christi would approve.

I can't wait to see the pictures of all of you with the animals.

I love you all dearly and wish there was something I could say or do to help ease your horrible pain.

With love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 19/3/07 9:26 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Thinking of you today and simply wanting all of you to now how much you are in my thouhghts and prayers ... I have had a hard time viewing Christi's page in recent weeks and thankfully on Chrits's 6 month anniversary my husband fixed he quirks ... thanks goodness ... I know it was Christi helping him so we could log on in time to tell you we are thinking of all of you and wishing we could take ALL your pain away! God Bless and may he continue to hold you close ... we look forward to seeing those great family photos!

Love from my family to yours!
Rebekah Clark
Mommy_jaden@yahoo.com
Prior Lake, mn

 
At 20/3/07 9:33 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Angela,

Because of very Precarious emotions I was unable to check Christi's website yesterday or send you an email, but please know that you were in my thoughts all day. As we sat in Clinic and I watched the poison(AKA Topo/Cyclo) drip into Eden's vains, I drew on your and Christi's strength over the years of treatment. We learned from you that although some people would think we are in a living hell, we must focus on the wonderful parts of our life and enjoy every second because some day these memories are all we will have.

Bless you!

Lisa Adams www.edenadams.com

 
At 20/3/07 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Angela

I've been thinking about you and pray you have the strength to get through the day. I just had to share something with you. We have had a very rough morning in our house. Our beloved 18 year old cat Abby passed away today. She was my first "baby" and it has hit me so hard. The kids are just devastated and it took a lot to get them to school, even an hour late. After the children left for school I just cried and cried until....CHRISTI'S face popped into my head. Honest to goodness! I just saw her smiling face. I stopped crying immediately and thought about you. If
you can get through the day without your beautiful Christi, I can surely get through mine. We loved our cat dearly but she wasn't my cherished daughter. I also thought about how lucky Abby is to have Christi greeting her! I can't tell you how much that makes me feel comforted. I wanted to share this with you because as you can see, Christi continues to touch people in so many ways.
I hope this can comfort YOU in some way as well.

Stacey
Harrisburg, PA

 
At 20/3/07 3:34 PM, Blogger Leece said...

Always in my prayers - I can't believe its six months already. Can't wait to see the pictures, I think its lovely you took the little furries with you for your family photo - animals are so wonderful and comforting especially during hard times. And you never grow out of a Guinea Pig. I'm 37 and I'll always have one! Love and prayers.

 
At 20/3/07 3:46 PM, Blogger Beverly said...

Hi Thomas Team,
I'm new to leaving messages, but not new to Christi's story. I'm not even sure how I stumbled upon the fight of this beautiful child, but I've been so touched.

Now, I'm messaging for the first time ever because...I want to see a picture of Shayla and the pets! It's got to be great!

 
At 20/3/07 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww Christi and Shayla look soo cute.. thinking of you
<3 Leah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home