Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Another Sweet Christi Poem

Baby Days! 1998 Playing in the oatmeal with daddy


Shayne and I were humbled to receive the following: (Thank you, Lauren!) I wrote this poem for Christi and wanted to send it to you. She was so wonderful, and this poem can't even begin to describe how amazing she was. Lauren

She was born on the 12th of May in '97
And now, 9 years later, she's resting in Heaven.
She always touched hearts since the day of her birth
And she still will be doing so, though she's not here on Earth.

Now that she's gone, there are signs everywhere
Like the sun in the sky, or a breeze in the air.
Whenever you're sad, you can look up above
and know Christi's with God, looking down with such love.

While it's hard to say goodbye to her angelic face
We can always be sure she's in a better place.
Though we can't comprehend it, it will always be clear
God only takes the ones that He loves so dear.

Christine Shayna Thomas
May 12th, 1997 - September 19th, 2006

Shayla (2 1/2) and Christi (4) at the Toledo Zoo's Botanical Gardens (Summer 2001)

At Aunt Marty and Uncle Jeff's (July 2006) Christi 9, Shayla 7 (Christi is now in Heaven with God and with the kitty Shayla is holding.)

6 Comments:

At 10/3/07 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi and Shayna are soo cute..and that poem is so beautiful!
rip Christi!

 
At 10/3/07 2:03 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

I just know that Christi is caring for all of God's creatures...that was my comfort when Inky passed just a few weeks ago.

Just love that picture of Christi playing in the oatmeal.

Not a day passes that you are not in our thoughts and prayers. A little boy from town was recently dx with NB and just underwent first transplant at CHOP...oh Christi dear, keep watch over Parker.

love, sylvia

 
At 10/3/07 7:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer (Kids Cancer Crusade) said...

Haha that sure looks like lots of messy fun playing in that oatmeal! So cute!

 
At 12/3/07 7:25 AM, Blogger Brigid and Celie said...

Hi Thomas Team! You and Christi are in our thoughts every morning and in our prayers each night. Thank you for the beautiful pictures.

XOXOXO
Brigid and Celie

 
At 12/3/07 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela,

I've posted here once or twice, but I still come to Christy's site to see how all of you are doing almost daily. I still miss your little girl...she was an amazing gift from God. I heard something the other day, that made me think of you.

My mom died of breast cancer 27 years ago, when I was ten years old. I'm Catholic (and I know you are too), and therefore have a strong belief in heaven. I was reading an article in the newspaper the other day, and the question I read that made me think of you was this:

"KNOWING what you know about heaven, if you had the opportunity, would you want (insert name) back?"

Wow. That was powerful question for me. What I wouldn't give for just one more day with my beloved mom. I've spent 27 years wishing she were here with me...so that question stopped me in my tracks.
My immediate response was NO...with tears in my eyes. It brings me great comfort to KNOW that my mom is in that wondrously beautiful place called heaven, and that hers will be the first face I see when my time comes to die.

It was interesting that I read that newspaper article shortly after having read the book "90 Minutes in Heaven". If you haven't read it already, it's a true story about a man who was literally dead for 90 minutes and then his pulse came back again. The book itself was just "OK", but it did have some interesting morsels about what heaven was like for this man. He said it was so wonderful and peaceful, that not once did he want to go back to be with his wife and two sons!! He didn't miss them at all. ( I actually got a little angry reading that, because I had always hoped that my mom missed me just as much as I missed her! But after I got over my anger at that, I thought to myself...."what a glorious place it must be" for our deceased loved ones not to miss us.)

Anyway, that's just some "food for thought"! You are an amazing mommy....and Shane and Shayla are equally amazing. How proud Christi must be of you.

Keeping you in my prayers,

Julie H.
Bucks Co., PA.

 
At 12/3/07 2:20 PM, Blogger Lucia said...

I've been reading christis story for almost a year now and thought I would leave you a comment to say what an inspiration you and your family are. Christis memory will definitley live on in everything you do.
Lucia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home