Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Shayla Spoke to Kiwanis this Week

I "borrowed" this from Shayla's blog.  (I couldn't have written it better myself.)

 The Kiwanis Club of Tiffin invited me to speak about Pediatric Cancers. It was my first experience with Kiwanis and what a great group! There were 50 members in attendance and I think I see a membership in my future! It was fun to be driven to the meeting by our school's superintendent.  

My presentation went well and much to my surprise and delight, after I announced the "Lemon Ball" I will be holding instead of having a party for my 15th birthday in February, a restaurant owner told me she will donate all of the cookies for the event and I was given $170.00 to put toward my ball, a fundraiser for Alex's Lemonade Stand.  Amazing!




1 Comments:

At 15/1/14 1:19 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

Shayla is so amazing. Love to you all! ~Olivia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home