Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, January 27, 2006

New "lumps"

Well, burying our heads in the sand was fabulous, but we can't do that any longer - the reality is now facing us "head on". Yesterday after school I noticied Christi kept rubbing her head while she sat reading yet another chapter book at the kitchen table. When I asked her she told me, "Theresa found a bump on my head at school today." (Oh, talk about your heart dropping - hearing of a new tumor is never a good thing.) I asked her if it hurt and she said, "No, not the big one, but the little ones do." (OK - double whammy! What a shock!) With heart racing, I called Shayne and said, "I'm sick and you're about to be." We decided to keep an eye on it because she still feels incredibly well - laughing, playing, joking, staying up late and eating very well. (I wasn't able to sleep at all last night. As soon as I'd start to fall asleep, my body would jolt me back awake.) So, I just emailed Dr. Maris and we'll see if they want us to come to CHOP earlier to scan, change plans, etc. She continues to have off and on headaches, blurred vision and today lost her balance at my friend Shari's home as she brought her home from school after lunch with a headache.

Well - just in: Dr. Maris's email:

"I am very sorry to hear this. I am still hoping that this is nothing, but I think we should see her next week and set up a MIBG scan also. If things getbetter over the weekend, we can hold off, but regardless it sounds like we should do an interim disease eval.whether we go with cycle #2 or not. If we decide that the disease is worse, we will come up with an interim plan. I am available this weekend if something changes. Hoping for the best, but preparing for not the best, jmm"

18 Comments:

At 27/1/06 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Thomas Family,
I "met" you when a good friend had a son with NB and I was doing some research. Christi touched my heart and I have been silently following her story - what a beautiful and brilliant child.

You will be in my prayers even more than before. Much love to you from Cape Cod, MA

Fondly,
Beth Sullivan

 
At 27/1/06 4:57 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Oh my goodness, I'm just sick and so saddned for and with you.

Oh how my heart hurts- you know I love you guys dearly and I'm praying for all of you.


Much love, many prayers,

Heather

 
At 27/1/06 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

God be with your family,
susie

 
At 27/1/06 6:36 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Oh my! I am praying so hard right now that this isn't what it seems. This can't be!

Love, Jennifer

 
At 27/1/06 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm the woman from Oregon who's been following Christi's story for a short while (and who's father is being treated at MSKCC for Stage 4 Prostate Cancer). Anyhow, I just wanted you to know that I'll be keeping Christi and the whole Thomas Team in my prayers.

 
At 27/1/06 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord, have mercy on this dear sweet little girl and her family and friends. You are the Great Physician and we pray for Christi's complete healing in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

 
At 27/1/06 7:47 PM, Blogger Kait said...

Oh...Thomas Team, my heart is breaking with yours. Prayers going up for sweet Christi.

 
At 27/1/06 9:03 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Still praying hard! Thinking of and loving you all here in Columbus!!

All of my love forever and always,
Heather

 
At 27/1/06 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart is saddened to hear of the lumps. I am praying that they are nothing and that the new cycle is working. May God bless Christi with complete healing from this horrible disease.

 
At 28/1/06 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't posted to you in a very long time, but have followed your story from the beginning. I will pray for all of you, and wish upon a star, and cross my fingers and everything else....

Strength and peace to you...

Lynette

 
At 28/1/06 6:52 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Can't stop thinking of or praying for you. You have my love (for always) and my prayers (in abudance).

Loads of love, tons of prayers and a million hugs!!

Heather

 
At 28/1/06 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayne & Angela, my most fervent prayers are with you.

Lots of Love, Jessica

 
At 28/1/06 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you little one. I came across Christies site (and many other sick children) when doing research into care practices...my heart broke for everyone of these families. Whatever the coming days and weeks hold for you, know that many prayers are going to heaven for you all.XXX

 
At 28/1/06 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi, just another person praying for you! That you keep feeling well, that you enjoy this weekend and that Dr Maris figures out a way to deal with these bumps.
I am so sorry you have to travel this very hard road, you are really amazing and we all love you!

Ronit

 
At 28/1/06 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will be in my thoughts. I wish you the best

Korina

 
At 28/1/06 4:09 PM, Blogger Kait said...

Christi, I told some friends of mine about you and now you have a whole message board full of people praying for you to get better soon! Remember Christi "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!"

Love,
Kaitlin from GA

 
At 28/1/06 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying, praying, praying!!!
(And sending big hugs your way too!)

 
At 28/1/06 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Thomas Team,

I tried for the better part of the day to come up with the perfect words to send, but then I gave up, realizing that what was important to me now, was you all knowing that I am one of the millions praying for you guys.

With Love,

Colleen Kashino

 

Post a Comment

<< Home