Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Cousins!


As you can see Shelby and Tina arrived last night about an hour after we checked into the Ronald House. Due to good news, I must back up first: Christi's LDH came back at 623 (normal). YES! I literally floated the rest of the day. So much in fact that instead of hailing a cab on a beautiful day I decided to try to walk the 11+ blocks (with an incline) to the Ronald House with Christi needing the jogging stroller and I pulling two suitcases. (No one need comment on my sanity - thank you!) We made it about 6 blocks before a sweet young woman insisted on helping us to the gates of the house. (Another Angel in disguise here on earth! Thank you, dear Lord for sprinkling your earth with good people!)

Earlier while meeting with Dr. Maris I was glad Christi had her nose buried in a book. He turned his back to her and quietly said to me, "I think you know the potential for hearing loss and kidney damage with the carbo." Knowing our little jokester, she would have started teasing her poor old mother by saying, "What? I can't hear you. What?" as soon as the chemo started dripping in her yesterday. Thankfully for a soon (May 12th) to be nine year old, Dr. Maris told me it's more likely to happen with younger children. Regardless, I'll continue to pray that she suffers no loss.

Once inside the Ronald House we saw the preparations being made for their annual "Volunteer Appreciation Night". I told the workers, "Perfect! There could be no family more appreciative of volunteers than the Thomas team!" The program was very cute and I enjoyed chatting with some of our Ronald friends (volunteers here).

Because earlier the girls didn't want to stop playing to eat, I fixed two little plates of fruit and cheese for the girls and went out the back way to take it to them. Being caught off guard I heard, "Angela?" Come to find out it was a powerful prayer warrior and incredible spoiler who then introduced me to her equally wonderful husband. (I learned they both work at their church; isn't that neat?!) I took them into the house so they could finally meet Christi. Jan and Larry will never know how much their love has touched us all. After they left my sister turned to me, moved her hands out as if parting the seas and said, "Now there's a lady who's going straight to heaven - no questions asked."

Christi continues to feel extremely well. She did freak out her Godmother last night. Tina saw Chrsiti limping up the stairs and she asked with great concern, "Christi, does your ankle hurt again?" Christi, who was in the midst of playing make believe with Shelby responded, "No, I'm pulling a tiger up the stairs and you'd have to walk like this to really do that." (So funny!)

A NOTE FOR JAN: After the girls were finished building your ice cream treats for the children and parents in the kitchen last night they played with your glow sticks. Upon returning to our room they put one in each corner for our night lights last night- what a hoot! And thank you for bringing Shelby a gift bag too. My sister and I were blown away by your incredible thoughtfulness. (And the pleasant look of shock on Shelby's face when she read her name on your bag was priceless!)

SHAYNE: Sorry I didn't call you. We were up too late enjoying Shelby and Tina's company!

3 Comments:

At 20/4/06 7:13 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

YIPEE!! A normal LDH now that's what I like to hear. Praise HIM!!!

I'm so glad that Tina and Shelby arrived safely and that Christi and Shelby are having fun together. The girls BOTH look beautiful. :)

I'll continue to pray for no hearing loss with this chemo.

I love you all dearly!

With all my love and prayers,

Heather

 
At 20/4/06 9:13 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Singing happy praises for normal LDH levels!! I'm sending big smiles and many hugs to all of you and keeping sweet Christi in my prayers as always. I hope the rest of your week is as blessed as it has been so far.

 
At 20/4/06 5:42 PM, Blogger Jan said...

Hi!

I'm so glad the girls liked their goodies and Larry and I feel so blessed to finally have met part of the Thomas Team. Hopefully we'll catch up with the other two members on another trip. Aunt Tina and Shelby were awesome too!

I'm praying that this round of treatment is not too hard on Christi but really devastating to those old cancer cells and that she'll be up and raring to go for her birthday!

Much love to you all.

Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home