Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter Sunday


He has risen! Praise be to God! Alleluia! Many times during the past 12 weeks Shayne and I have reflected upon Shayne’s conversation with little Shayla when he told her that the cancer has spread rapidly and with great force and we were afraid Christi would soon die. During that conversation six year old Shayla told Shayne to remember Easter is coming and that Easter is about hope. Back in those horribly dark days, just three months ago, we really didn’t think Christi would be alive to see her sister’s 7th birthday (Feb. 12th) much less Easter so far away. While I’ve begged God to please give us one more Easter with Christi I was a “doubting Thomas” and didn’t think we’d really receive such a blessing. On this special day, I can’t believe how fortunate we are! Thank you partners in prayer for getting her so far! Here’s wishing you and yours a very blessed day! Rejoice!!

5 Comments:

At 15/4/06 11:15 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

And a very, very Blessed Happy Easter to Shayne, Angela, Shayla,
Christi and all of your visitors!

You and all of your special friends and their families will be remembered during our Easter Communion. love, sylvia xoxoxo

 
At 15/4/06 11:24 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

I don't think I've gone a day without thinking of Shayla's little piece about Easter since she said it. I remember when I read it, I was sitting in Mrs. P's class and she so kindly allowed me on her computer to check on Christi(although that is completely forbidden at SJCC- students using teacher computers is a no-no). We began to tear up and my entire religion class crowded around the computer in awe at the wisdom of your sweet 6 year old daughter.

Then I prayed. Harder than ever.

Here Christi is three months later...alive, feeling great, happy, and with her family.

I'm sure this will be your most treasured Easter yet. Enjoy it with all you have!

Love, Jennifer

 
At 15/4/06 11:52 PM, Blogger Ronit said...

Happy Easter Thomas team, great insight Shayla, may you all share many special days together.

love,
Ronit

 
At 16/4/06 6:43 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

He is Risen indeed! Praise God for the blessing of another Easter with Christi. I shall continue to pray that this next round of chemo will get her into a clinical trial.

I love you all dearly!

HAPPY EASTER!

Love and prayers for always,

Heather

 
At 16/4/06 9:18 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Happy, happy Easter Thomas Team!
I was thinking about Shayla's beyond-her-years wisdom last night during Easter Vigil. Smart girl. :) We're all thankful that Christi is celebrating another Easter with her family.

-Sarah Smail

 

Post a Comment

<< Home