Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, April 14, 2006

“I just want to clean the bathroom!”

OK, it’s funny now, but an hour ago that is what I called and sobbed to Shayne. You see I was in the midst of cleaning when Dr. Maris called and told me we were going with his plan and not mine. I really thought he’d agree to our plan: five days of low dose topo/cytox after school in our own home so I could work and she could remain at home. He said, “For this last round of chemo, we should mix it up a bit and give her something she hasn’t had before. She needs to be here on Wednesday.” UGH!!!!!!!

So instead of cleaning, I hit the computer to try to find the cheapest way to Philly and I started pulling out suitcases. Christi will go to Ohio State with me and attend my class on Tuesday night (If it’s okay with my Professor. Hey – with Christi maybe she’ll teach my class!! Smile.) and then we’ll fly out of Columbus at 6:00 AM on Wednesday. (Shayne’s birthday. Christi already has his present.) After this round we’ll do a full evaluation and see if we can switch her over to a clinical trial. (That has been our prayer during this Holy Season.)

So when I called Shayne back to get his credit card number to book our flights, I wasn’t exactly stating that I just wanted to scrub the shower anymore, but………I’m off! Here’s wishing you a good day! (Christi has been told she's heading back to CHOP. She was hoping and praying with us that she'd be doing chemo after school this coming week, but........so much for the best of plans. She's okay with it. She stated, "I just want to go to school on a Friday!" (She misses her friends!)

2 Comments:

At 14/4/06 4:21 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Well darn it!! I was praying that your plans would be accepted too. I didn't know your plans for certain,but I had my ideas that they would include at home chemo.

I'm praying HARD that this next round of chemo will allow her to swtich to a clinical trial.

With all my love and many prayers,
Heather

 
At 14/4/06 6:17 PM, Blogger Kait said...

As I sit here this evening on Good Friday, all I can think about are the words Shayla spoke upon Christi's disease progression. "Easter is about HOPE and Easter is coming!" You all are never far from my heart, mind, or prayers. I hope Shayla is right, and that this year Easter will bring you a miracle. But then I realize that, while you haven't gotten the ultimate miracle of Christi's complete and total healing, you have been given lots of extra precious time with your little miracle.Here's to hoping for at least 100 more years of "extra" time with her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home