Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Hello from the House that Love Built

The amazing Grants read my post and called offering to drive down to the city to give us a lift to Ronald. When I hung up I was telling the nurse about this sweet family and she asked, "Well, how exactly are you going to get to Ronald? Look at all this luggage!" (In my mind, we're light in the luggage department this time, but to each his own, smile.) I told her I'd just wait a few hours for the next Ronald shuttle. She insisted that a child without an immune system shouldn't be hanging around a hospital nor throwing up in a taxi so CHOP's sweet Security took us back to Ronald. (Whew!) I'm thinking if Christi would have been feeling well there would have been lights, sirens, whistles and much laughter about how we were off to catch the bad guys, but she sadly just looked out the window during the ride with the Officer.

Once in the very full Ronald House, where we are so lucky to have a room, she selected a YES/KNOW pad with the invisible marker for her treat from the "Welcome Wagon" and quietly worked on that for hours while I read like a mad woman. She's just not feeling like herself, yet she asked if we could borrow a wagon or something and to go the Barnes and Noble on campus tomorrow if she feels better. She wants to see if they have any more Hank the Cowdog books like the one a sweet Angel on earth sent her. (She said there's a series and there are 31 books.) There aren't any wagons at Ronald, but I do see a wheelchair I'm certain we can borrow. Hopefully, she'll be up to it.

So the good news is we have a room at Ronald and it's located next to the laundry room. And the bad news is we have a room that's located next to the (noisy) laundry room - hee hee! Seriously, we're very lucky and most grateful to have a room here at all and pending no fever we'll stay a few days! (CHOP informed me I must call a taxi if she gets a fever during the night. There's a good chance that may indeed happen, yet I'm praying she'll make it through without one.) Here's wishing you a good night!

4 Comments:

At 29/4/06 7:58 PM, Blogger  Kim said...

Hi Angela and Christi,

I have been following your blog for several months and just wanted to take a minute to tell you how much I admire all the courage you exhibit each and every day! I am sooo sorry to see you back at CHOP, but know you are getting the best of care. I also wanted to let you know that we own 4 or 5 of those Hank the Cowdog books that you mentioned wanting to buy. I would love to send them to you if you want them--my own two boys are done with them, and I must admit, they are hilarious and oh-so-much fun to read. Please email me if you want them or if you want to know which titles we own--also where you would like them sent! My email address is: kimmery4@yahoo.com

Best wishes and lots of hugs from a stranger in Seattle who cares---
Kim Gatz

 
At 29/4/06 8:30 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

I'm praying Christi stays fever free and feels SO much better tomorrow.

Love, Jennifer

 
At 29/4/06 8:58 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Praying hard tonight that sweet Christi will remain fever free.

Thank God for sweet Angels on earth, the Grants and the security guard who got you where you needed to be.

I love you dearly!!

A big hug to Christi from me!!

With all my love and prayers forever and always,
Heather

 
At 30/4/06 7:45 AM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Good morning Thomas Team. I hope this is starting off to be a good Sunday for you....both in Philly and Ohio. We're heading out to Mass, so be assured we are taking all of your intentions with us. much love, sylvia xoxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home