Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Easter Egg Hunt












Thanks to the Student Government at Tiffin Univeristy, Christi & Shayla had a fun time late this afternoon at their annual Easter egg hunt. Christi started going to their egg hunts when she was just three years old. Due to cancer, she's missed some over the years, but today she was out in full force - even deciding to participate in the 9-10 year old group instead of the 6-8 year old division because "I really am 8 and 11/12th's; that's nearly nine." It turned out to be a very good move as she found the "special egg" and won an awesome Easter Basket! (Thanks, Tiffin University! Gooooooo, Dragons!)

Christi continues to feel very well and for that we are grateful! Last night she danced for her one hour of jazz class followed by an hour and a half of ballet. Despite being very anxious and worried about being far behind in dance due to missing so many classes (She hadn't gone since Jan. 24th) when she returned home she said everything was great. (Whew!)

This morning when we walked into the school building she jokingly said to me, "I could tell Mrs. Smith that I didn't finish my homework because of ballet and all that jazz, but I'll have to tell her really I just wanted to play Oregon Trail on the computer instead. I think I can get it done before school starts."

While walking past the gym today her class was in there. I saw her at the back of the line- trying to run and keep up with her classmates but I noticed she was limping. She told me her ankle hurt and it was from ballet last night. (I pray that is true.) Other than that - no complaints!

After school we had her blood drawn from her arm at the hospital.
3.9 white
10.4 hgb.
26 platelets (very low)
2,200 ANC

LDH: (100-190 normal) 234 (Up a wee bit from last month and still elevated, but not like 922 when tumors were popping out of her skull each day that horrid week in late January.

We were blessed with a visit from the Bowerman's tonight. Also, Christi had a school friend call and they chatted for the longest time. (Thanks, Sarah!)

Tomorrow we shall hear from Dr. Maris and learn what the game plan will be. (We'll find out what she'll start when and where. Shayne and I have shared some thoughts, but we'll see if he'll agree and if we can work it all out.)

Tomorrow will also find us on our Spring Break and meeting up with the great folks at Fremont St. Joe's Catholic High School where Christi and Shayla will be having lunch with the incredible cheerleaders and students!! Thank you partners in prayer!

3 Comments:

At 12/4/06 7:38 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

What delightful pictures of the Easter Egg hunt and Congratulations Christi on finding the special egg! What fun! :)

I'm soo thankful she's feeling so well that's awesome news indeed.

I'll be praying for the next plan as it takes shape for your most precious Christi. What a blessing this little one is to sooo many people. Thank You for sharing her with all of us.

You know I love you all so dearly!

Lots of love sweet Thomas Team!

Love and prayers forever and always,
Heather

 
At 12/4/06 7:47 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Looks like they had a blast! What a lucky gal that Christi found the winning egg. I do believe that a movie night needs to be set though now. I looove The Little Rascals! haha

 
At 12/4/06 10:49 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Christi and Shayla, you two are just so beautiful! Oh I miss egg hunts! But you know what we still do? ...even though Michele and Meghan are 21 and 23, the night before Easter Victor writes up clues and tucks them inside the plastic Easter eggs and hides them!
Sort of like a scavenger hunt. The clues lead them to their baskets that the Easter Bunny has filled with "college" stuff... like Panera Bread and WalMart gift cards...and of course Peeps which are made right next door in Bethlehem PA! : ) Today I saw the Peep car on my way home from work....a bright yellow vehicle with a HUGE Peep on top!

Oh, and I called our cousin Sara in Maryland this afternoon and told a little fib...I asked her if her bags were packed as I was just down the street from their home! She said "you know what aunt Syl, I love you a whole lot, but I still won't spend Holy Week at your house ever again! And besides, I'm going to end up in church here anyway because many of my 8th grade friends are in the Passion Play and since this is their last year at St. Margaret's I really want to see them." : )

Have fun with the St. Joe's crew!
love, sylvia

Angela and Shayne, will continue prayers, most especially during this Holy Week for guidance in all decisions. xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home