Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, April 07, 2006

The Belly Button of the Butter

Aunt V has been joking with Christi and I all week about how spoiled I was as a child. Her evidence is the fact that mom always gave me the center of the butter tub affectionately known as the belly button. (By the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY MA) Aunt V and I have been jockeying for the "belly button" all week which is now the snuggle spot with Christi! SIBLINGS......

Today is a good one thus far. She needs two transfusions. Her platelets were 10.... and her hemoglobin was 7.4. It is bizarre that a good day can consist of a day when my daughter needs two life saving transfusions! Everything is relative though ehhh? Today her ANC popped over 200 so we are free to go!! More good news-I think.... is that her LDH is VERY low, like well below normal levels. No one is sure what to make of that, but, it is clearly better than it being above normal. (This is the marker that indicates the disease activity)

The one thing that is still pending is the CT scan of her abdomen. They are checking for that mysterious potential fungal infection as well as checking on that damn liver disease. I am anxious to get the results of the scan that happened today at 11AM.

With things going well last night we were able to relax and enjoy the evening. I packed up the van and got gas. Finally, I found a Taco Bell for Christi. We spent yesterday putting a 250 piece puzzle together-map of the World. So last night I had to find puzzle glue to preserve the puzzle. Christi wanted to call Grandma Dixie as she put the last pieces in, because, grandma is famous for assembling complicated puzzles. After all my chores were done and the puzzle was secured, I strolled down to the local tavern to listen to a guy play the acoustic guitar. Finally a little relaxation.

I will gladly return the blog to Angela full time tonight. I am planning on leaving Philadelphia as soon as her transfusions are complete! Christi and I will both be very sad to see Aunt V leave. This has been a special time, even under these dire circumstances. Thank you to Vaunie's friends, co-workers, and employer for making this happen. I would not have made it these two weeks without her.
Shayne

1 Comments:

At 7/4/06 4:02 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Love it! ...the belly button of the butter! Never heard that one before but it is good! ; ) Will definitely be making that one known around here...very cute!

May you be surrounded by Guardian Angels for the ride back to Ohio. And will anxiously await the news of your safe arrival. love, sylvia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home