Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Catching Up

After 9 years and nearly 165,000 miles, my van caught up with me and decided to stop working over the weekend (not good). With three trips to class and two trips to Cinci. this week alone, Shayne (the sweetheart) said, "Drop me off at work and take my truck," so at 6:30 AM Monday - we did! (And we had a lot of fun at Daddy's expense joking about how he was going to get home from work while we would be four hours away!!)

Christi had a great weekend: swimming at her Grandma's condo at the lake, going to Jennifer's graduation party and of course riding "The Raptor" at Cedar Point. (That was the best roller coaster I've ever been on," she happily declared. (The Raptor goes 57 miles per hour; it's not a kiddy ride. This gal continues to amaze me!)

Jennifer's graduation party.
Swimming at Grandma's- AGAIN!


Monday found the girls with Aunt Marty while I was in class and then being incredibly great sports as we ventured all the way down to Cinci where we overnighted last night. Christi is now having her "Cousin's Camp" and told me, "This is what I've waited my entire life for!!" I know she and Shelby (and Ashley and Will) will have a grand time until Shayla & I return to pick them up.

So that Shayla wouldn't feel bad about not getting to stay, I wanted to do something special with just Shayla; therefore, we stopped at COSI on our way home (and to break up the long drive home) and put our COSI Pass to work. HUGE PLUS: We were able to meet up with Traci (Harriet) and Jenn (Elizabeth) for additional fun!

Stars Wars Science Exhibit at COSI
Planting at COSI
Ahhh, Rats!











I returned home late this afternoon to learn of bad news: Benny earned his Angel wings and the official scan reports of Christi's MIBG do not say subtle decrease as Dr. Maris and I saw and discussed, but no change. "Active disease remains the same as May 3rd with neuroblastoma in her: skull, left upper chest, right upper quadrant, legs, and pelvis." We know we are living on borrowed time, and we don't like it one bit. Blood counts will be checked again on Friday afternoon.

Now let's see what Shayne has to say about my van. Hopefully, it can be fixed! I'll catch you up later. Have a great week!

4 Comments:

At 27/6/06 7:27 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

The entire Thomas Team amazes me! Looks like the sun was shining in Ohio! We've had it in the liquid form for almost a week now. Lots of puddles to play in! : ) Have a wonderful night. love, sylvia xoxo

 
At 27/6/06 8:14 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Oh I'm so, so sorry to read of yet another of your friends going home to Heaven far too soon! I hate this evil beast of a disease with every fiber of my being.

I'm so sorry too to hear that Chrisit's scan remained the same. I'll be praying for good blood counts on Friday that will allow her entry onto the new trial.

Oh how my heart is sad for and with you once again. There are no words to make this any better.

Please know I love you all dearly and pray for you each day.

With all my love and prayers as well as some tears shed for all of you,
Heather

 
At 27/6/06 9:04 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful weekend. So sorry to hear about your ride, I hope it can be fixed.

What else is there to say? Her counts WILL come up and something else will come available to her! These sweet little darlings have too much to offer the world to be taken out of it so soon. I see the way they change everyone who meets them and I believe they have a larger purpose here then we can begin to imagine.

You are always in our prayers.

Love always,

Lisa (www.edenadams.com)

 
At 28/6/06 6:31 AM, Blogger Brigid and Celie said...

WOW! What great pictures! We're happy that you are having such a cool summer! Swimming, roller coasters and sleep overs are our summer favorites, too. And ice cream! Have a FUN day! Every night we pray that you keep feeling better and better!

Love,
XOXOXO
Brigid and Celie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home