Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

In Philly

Wow! I had no idea how many people must be reading Christi's blog and would bother to send funny photo captions my way. THANK YOU! Tonight, as I sit at the Ronald House watching Christi play with fellow warriors across the room, I am again humbled by the testament of His love you've shown me. THANK YOU! I'll post them as soon as I have time to upload them. They certainly made me laugh!

Despite being delayed in Columbus, we made our connection in Detroit and caught the train into the city right on time for Christi's first appointment. The MIBG isotope, which typically arrives right at noon, was delayed a couple of hours as it was accidently flown to JFK instead of PHL. Christi read a lot of good books and as always made the most of the delay. After the injection we went back to check on her blood counts.

They came back at:
9.2 hgb.
4.1 white
48 platelets (Showing us she's making her own; however, not high enough to qualify for any treatment that I'm aware of)
ANC 2,009
LDH 637 (Up, from 420 just two weeks ago, but still in the normal range.)

Tomorrow's MIBG scan will be the test of all test. I'll sit and text message a bit with Shayne for the hour long scan as the areas of disease will slowly light up in white on a monitor while my stomach will tell me I'm about to be sick.

Despite temps in the low 90s, and despite having luggage to carry, Christi did not want to hail a cab to get us to the Ronald House, so we walked. She did run through a sprinkler a few times when we came across one at UPenn. It helped cool her off on the long walk to the Ronald House. (The CHOP shuttle I used to catch no longer leaves every 15 minutes. Security told me it'd be a two hour wait until the next shuttle, just as waiting for the Ronald shuttle would have been.)

At the Ronald House, she presented them with the $2,000 check from the Friends of Christi for the 4th Annual Christi Thomas Poker Run.
We are very grateful to have such loving and hard working supporters back home and we are incredibly proud to have presented such a large donation to our wonderful "home away from home" this afternoon. Upon checking in, Christi was happy to have a bit of mail waiting for her. She spent the rest of the night deciding which horse crafts she's going to make when we get home tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home