Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Happy Camper

Shayla and a school friend at Girl Scout camp.
We made it all night!!









I half expected to get a phone call in the middle of night and to have Shayne drive off to pick up Christi, but nothing could have been more removed from the truth. She had a blast. A Girl Scout leader told me that many of the kids went home in the middle of the night, but Christi wasn't scared at all and really enjoyed everything. She had a very good time and learned about archery and had fun with the rubber duck race and eating S'mores and making pizza pies over the fire. Her only complaint was, "It's hard to fall asleep without reading a book." I know she was only gone one night, but we're glad to have her back!

We went directly from camp to the hospital where her blood counts were checked. Unfortunately, there's been no increase in the platelet count, but the hgb. is up.

PRAYING FOR PLATELETS:
47 platelets (very low, need to be 75 to qualify for Fenritnide)
10.2 hgb.
3.3 white

She thought it was great that FINALLY her Locks for Love wig arrived after six months of phone calls, paper work, etc. When she put it on her head, it fit and she loved it - it made the wait worth it. I really don't know how much she's going to wear it, but she really likes it and it feels fabulous and the color is perfect! On Friday, we'll take it to our beautician to cut the style. (Picture: Christi admires her wig in the mirror.)

Christi again reminded me that she has no height restrictions at Cedar Point when they measured her this week at CHOP; therefore, she wants me to take her on the Raptor because she was too short last year and it's one of my favorite rides. It only goes upside down six times so......I think we'll be putting our Cedar Point Season Passes to work again today and heading up to Lake Erie to visit Shayne's mom. Here's wishing you and yours a great weekend!! TAKE CARE!

9 Comments:

At 24/6/06 1:38 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Oh what a delight to see Christi in her wig! She looks BEAUTIFUL!! She looks beautiful without it too of course! :)

I hope you gals enjoy your ride on the Raptor.

UGH on the platlets not coming up yet, we shall just pray harder!!

I love you!

Lots of love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 24/6/06 2:01 PM, Blogger Jan said...

Hi!

I'm so glad to hear that Christi is feeling so well and having such a great time!! I bet Shayla is thrilled to have her home so much too!

I had a bone density test yesterday morning at the hospital and as I was laying there...I thought of Christi and how many tests that she has had to endure in her short life. It just doesn't seem fair!

I LOVED her wig...she looks awesome but she is JUST as cute without it! I donated 11 inches and 11 1/2 inches to locks of love in the last 4 years. Wonder if any of my strands are in her wig...hahaha!

Hope you have a super weekend. Think of me unpacking boxes at our new home while you are having fun. If you get bored...come on over to Delaware...I sure could keep you busy. Haha!

Much love and prayers!
Jan (and LCR Larry too!)

 
At 24/6/06 7:28 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

I'm glad the girls had a blast at camp. Speaking of camp...I had training today for Camp Quality. I can't wait now.

Christi, I'm loving the hair! Gorgeousness.

The raptor is definitely my favorite too. My season pass gets its use out of it with that ride alone. Oh...and the french fries...and elephant ears.

Hope to see you tomorrow!

Love, Jennifer

 
At 24/6/06 10:24 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Our cousins are at Cedar Point this week on vacation! Christi, since I had back surgery and a bum neck, I'm not permitted on roller coaters...and I LOVE them!...I miss riding them so much!....so, would you do me a BIG favor and ride the Raptor once for me? Thanks dear! love, sylvia xo

 
At 24/6/06 10:35 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

me again....you look soooo beautiful Miss Christi! (with or without hair I might add!) Michele will be so excited to see you sporting you Locks of Love wig since she donated her hair in February at Penn State's THON... thank you for sharing that picture!

And I am quite impressed that you survived the night at camp! You are a trooper, let me tell you! I agree about the reading a book part...when we go camping I HAVE to have a little "bed"side lamp so that I can read - that's how I fall asleep every night! - hmmmm... I think we have to get your camping friend a new t-shirt though...maybe one that says "LADY LIONS BASKETBALL"! heheheee! just kidding! Shayla, I'm trying to figure out what you are holding, dear....it is a bag, or perhaps a cushion that you made? Michele's room is done in a palm tree/flip flop decor...so you'll need to hide it when we get together with you again! : )

Have a great weekend and know that Christi's counts will be our special intention at Mass in the morning....CLIMB PLATELETS CLIMB!!!

love, sylvia xoxo

 
At 25/6/06 5:15 PM, Blogger Candy said...

Boy, I knew that Christi was one tough cookie but the Raptor?? Yikes! That ride scared the heck out of me! LOL My son Zach just went to CP with his 8th grade class on June 12th and his favorite ride was Millenium Force. He keeps insisting that we need to plan a trip there so he can take me on it but the Iron Dragon is more my speed as far as coasters go. I've become very wimpy over the years:)

I'll be praying for Christi's counts to go up - especially those platelets.

 
At 25/6/06 7:23 PM, Blogger The Binary Biker said...

I can tell you that Mrs. Cook will be thinking of you on the Raptor, but will be more than happy to stay on the ground as you enjoy the ride. I, however, would LOVE to be there with you! Have fun, and hopefully we'll get to the Point with you guys soon!

Love,
Webby

 
At 25/6/06 7:33 PM, Blogger nikki the red said...

i'm a HUGE fan of the raptor! i hope you guys enjoyed!!!!!

 
At 27/6/06 7:43 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Hope that you all had a great weekend!!

Thinking of you and praying always!

Lots of Love and tons of prayers,
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home