Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!

We still have not yet received word on Eric. If the heat in Michigan yesterday was what it was here in Ohio, we do not believe he could have finished the 100 mile bike race. I shall call Alicia's cell phone and inquire later today because they were going to stay there overnight and come home today and I would assume Eric is still sleeping- at least I hope so!

Happy Father's Day to fathers everywhere and to those who desire to be fathers! As the 10th year anniversary of my dad's death approaches, I can say that I miss him terribly. I'm incredibly grateful that my own daughters have also been blessed with a tremendous father- providing them with guidance, wisdom and unconditional love. I'm also filled with gratitude to have a wonderful father-in-law and step-father who are just like my own! Happy Father's day! (I'll get some pics of the girls with their stellar father today when we go horseback riding.) For the other part of Shayne's father's day gift I had the girls make "Why I Love My Dad" videos yesterday when he went in to work. I've downloaded them onto the computer and I'll be sharing it with him soon. It was precious!

Last night was a riot! Having a former professional football player on our small team of five, I knew we were going to at least win the sports category at the Hayes Presidental Center's fundraiser ("a mystery history event") last night in Fremont. Well, let's just say that we did get all of the literature and art questions correct and our team is going to be studying up for next year! Regardless, we had a blast walking around an incredible museum, learning a lot and getting to know three lovely people better- rich blessings!

Driving home Shayne and I saw the most hilarious "event". Words cannot possibly describe it so Shayne will post a picture later this week (when we very well might need something to laugh about) and we'll see what kinds of captions you can come up with for the picture. Shayne and I spent at least five minutes sitting and watching with tears of laughter pouring down our faces. I haven't laughed that hard for years and when I tell people I live in the "middle of a cornfield" they're going to believe me now!

We'll be heading out shortly to the Kings to be reunited with the girls. While I knew they were in the best of hands, I was still worried that something may have happened. They were going with Marty & Jeff to a graduation party just down the road as Aunt Marty is also Katie's Godmother just like she's Godmother to Shayla and I. Christi & Shayla just wanted to get to Marty's to play so they weren't that thrilled about first having to go to a graduation party. Well, Aunt Marty's email put my mind at ease; it appears it was a hit! (Congrats to Katie H.) Aunt Marty wrote:

The girls have been perfect. They both fell asleep immediately and couldn't even stay awake to read a few pages in their books.

I must warn you that the Republic people may suspect you are shaving Christi's head and faking her illness as she was quite lively at the party. She and Shayla swam and played on the beach. They both got brave enough to swing out on a rope over the water and let themselves fall in. They loved it and kept going back for more. Don't worry, I was right there and the rope didn't let them fall very far into the water.

See you in the morning. Love, Aunt Marty

4 Comments:

At 18/6/06 1:27 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Happy Father's Day Shayne!! Hope you have a great day!

Enjoy the horseback riding with your family, as I know you will.

Can't wait to see this picture of the "event".

I'm glad Christi remains feeling so well!!

All my love and prayers forever and always,
Heather

 
At 18/6/06 7:19 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Was this a Fremont "event"? We ARE kinda strange here. I can't wait to see this picture.

 
At 18/6/06 7:50 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Happy Father's Day Shayne! Well Angela, you certainly have my mind wondering in reference to the site you both saw! I can't wait to see if I'm right!!! : ) hmmmmm.....

Sounds like you girls had a great time with aunt Marty!

Praying, praying, praying.

love, sylvia xoxo

 
At 19/6/06 12:32 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

And of course a happy father's day to Shayne!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home