Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Back to Ballet

Christi's first night back to ballet (Sept. 2005 / age 8) I never shared this picture before, but I love the precious expression on her little face! Oh, I miss that little, giggly face!
Shayla's first night back to ballet (September 2007 / age 8)I can't believe how grown up Shayla appears! Ballet started up again tonight. She picked out this great used outfit for $3.00 so we were both really happy about that.

She's been teasing me about my pillow. I bought it while out at the doctor's facility to help my neck/back pain. I really like it, but she's been joking with me, "Did you put your pillowcase over a brick?!" I also broke down today and resulted back to my pain pills. I know they can be addictive which is why I stopped taking them in the winter; however, the pain again is just too great so I'll see if they can help. Unfortunately, the statistics for divorce, drug and alcohol addiction and suicide are so high for bereaved parents. I know many of my "cancer friends" struggle and have struggled with these problems following the death of their child. I think that's why I've been hesitating for weeks to get back on the pain pills, but when I wake up and have to physically use my hands to turn my head to see the time on my alarm clock, I think I have some tension that needs to be relieved. God is good and I pray he continues to give us strength and comfort through these most challenging days.

On a funny note, last night I typed "Aunt Jim and Uncle Joyce" Oops! Of course, that should have been Uncle Jim and Aunt Joyce. I hope I made some laugh at least! I really have not been at the top of my game in recent weeks!

Christi at school (8 years / 4th grade / September 2005) I just love the expressions on the children's faces - what a hoot. The teachers wants us to do WHAT? I don't get it!

10 Comments:

At 4/9/07 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its funny i think Shayla is an exact mix between you and Shayne looks wise! ouch, i'm sorry about your back!! I used to pull a lot of muscles when i did track.. so i know what it feels like to be constantly sore!! ohh i just heard a song that for some reason made me think of Christi Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.. it made me cry! on a happier note i hope you have an great week!
xoxox
Caroline

 
At 4/9/07 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As one who deals with chronic back pain, I sympathize. As one who carries around a boatload of stress, I empathize.

Have you ever considered yoga?- I know, where would you find the time?

Thoughts and prayers to the whole family.

 
At 5/9/07 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking at this site on youtube and I think that is Christi in one of the pictures... I may be crazy, but check it out. It is a video for Sept. Childhood Cancer Awareness, and it is VERY touching.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd_Yf5DBD7I

Thinking of your family on a daily basis. Shayla looks so pretty in the picture with her dad on the rocks...just precious

Rachael Jantz

 
At 5/9/07 9:44 AM, Blogger Rogie92 said...

Hi Angela, Shayne and Shayla!
Thank you Angela for continuing to share your life with us and updating the blog. I cannot tell you how MANY times during the day you are in my thoughts and I'm glad to know how you "are".

Too funny about Uncle Joyce and Aunt Jim. I thought nothing of it. figured it may be a "joke" by the Thomas team to call them that. We sometimes do it on purpose in our family just to be funny. Just like the trick you played on Grandma NeeNee with her car. Too funny! I bet she got a kick out of that.

I'm sorry about your back pain and hope you find relief SOON! Try a day at the spa. A hot tub soak and hour long massage! Take Shayne with you....call it a DATE!! You two are so strong and inspiring, you deserve a day for yourselves.

I'm glad that you mentioned about the sad reality of the ripple effects of bereaved parents (divorce, drugs/alcohol, etc). From your writings, it is apparent that you are very much in love with Shayne and think he is amazing (and so do we :) and I'm so glad you have each other!

You are a VERY strong and AMAZING family. The inspiration you bring others is truly a gift.

Thinking of you all today and always! God Bless You!
Amy

 
At 5/9/07 11:51 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

What beautiful pictures of your two precious ballerinas. Shayla is gorgeous!! I hope she has a great year at Dance Unlimited.

I'm very sorry to hear that you are having such bad back pain. I hope your pain medication works quickly to help you.

With Love and Prayers fro always,
Heather

 
At 5/9/07 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela,

I hope you are getting some relief from your bulging disk, and from what you describe, it sounds quite painful. You have such an awareness of addiction, I don't think you would ever let it get out of control. [Nevertheless, addiction is an illness that can be treated.] I just really hope you are feeling better!

I know you can't help but relive these days from last year....it must be so hard, I offer prayers for continued strength. Each day without Christi must be a struggle. She was a bright light, and her energy and light shines on in all of you. I can see it in that beautiful pic of Shayne and Shayla at the lake! That one belongs in a frame. Perfectly lit by the sunset...it is touching to see Shayne and Shayla share a quiet moment together.

-shirley

 
At 5/9/07 9:17 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Shayla, you have grown so much! I absolutely love that ballet picture of you! Have you read Ballet Shoes by N.S.?

I am thinking of you all and wishing you comfort,
Olivia

 
At 6/9/07 8:07 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Thinking of you all and remembering Christi!! My daughter starts Junior Kindertgarten on Monday. Because of Christi's love of school, everytime I enter one, I know I will think of her! Hope you feel better (try acupuncture it really helps).
Robin Brunet
Bradford Ontario Canada

 
At 6/9/07 9:28 PM, Blogger Aimee Jackson said...

I can't believe how grown-up Shayla looks too! She is a real beauty. I hope your back feels better too. I have a feeling stress and grief are playing a major role in the pain problem. This is a tough time of year for all of us, and especially for you. Not only do you have to do all the back to school stuff, but it is getting close to the anniversary date. I know your hurting both inside and out. I wish you lived closer so I could come up and just give you a hug every day. Don't worry about the pills right now. I'm convinced that people who are concered about becomming adicted to pain killers are not the ones who end up getting adicted. Just go ahead and take them if you need them. Maybe some physical therapy would help too. Your family is always in my thoughts and prayers, and Christi has left a permanent imprint on my heart.

 
At 24/6/17 4:48 PM, Blogger Keyle Rece said...

she is very lovely and impressive athlete Christi's first night back to ballet (Sept. 2005 / age 8). so proud to performance in little era.





Rachel Withers Ballet Instructor in UK | Certified ballet instructors in UK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home