Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Kitten Pics - CT & Shay


Thanks to a real sweet blogger named Dawn, I have this awesome treasure! THANK YOU doesn't come close to expressing my gratitude!(

At this time a year ago (very early September) Christi was saying repeatedly that it felt like someone was breaking her legs she was in such horrendous pain. Later we were informed that most likely the cancer did indeed break her legs by pushing through from the bone marrow on out. It continues to eat us up remembering how terribly she suffered and yet what a total sweetheart she was, always so polite. I'll forever treasure some of our very last conversations when she would say things like, "You are such a good mommy," and she'd also joke, "I had my doubts, just kidding, you're a really good mommy." As I sat and cried and told her I'd like to be a better mommy!

TOP: Shayla / age 8 1/2 / August 07 BOTTOM: Christi / age 9 / Aug. 06 BOTH PICTURES: Taken after horse back riding)

5 Comments:

At 2/9/07 6:19 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

I love the graphic. Christi and Shayla look so much a like! I am thinking of you all during these difficult times.

Much love,
Olivia

 
At 2/9/07 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can feel your heart breaking a little every day from the inside out, just as you describe Christi's cancer pushing at bones from the inside out. I don't know if anyone has mentioned this thought to you before, but you and Shayne both appear physically altered since Christi's death. It is as if your family is represented by inner candles whose light comes up through your eyes. Since Christi's passing, your eyes have never quite been the same in any of the photos you've posted, as if someone has blown out some of the inner glow. Grief is a spiritual experience, and it is a also a physical one. So many people suffer some physical ailment just after their loved one has passed. I remember your back pain being excruciating in September. I also remember how vividly you described the light of Christi's spirit as she teased you when you were reading by her bedside saying you were "a good mom" sitting "by your sick kid's bed". She did add, "I had my doubts!" Or, when she sighed and said, "Ah, Mommy loves me, even here in my natural habitat!" as she sat on the makeshift toilet.
We want your family to know that our family is with you, as so many others are, as you find yourselves in this autumn of Christi's passing. We will never, ever forget any of the things you shared with us through her website. None of her witty comments, or Shayne's for that matter (remember his top ten list of insensitive things to say? What a riot! I liked "Are you going to finish that?" and "Wrong floor. This is where you get spayed and neutered." Or what about "Your momma's so big she's on both sides of the family!" inspired by your NYC days!) None of us will forget your child and all of us will hold your family close at this time of year, and always.

Kam.

 
At 3/9/07 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Thomas family,

I came accross your site a few months ago on myspace. I continue to find myself drawn back to read updates, see new pix's, etc. There is something in Christi's eye's that is undescribable as this is not my norm. I think of your family daily, think of Christi, and cannot imagine the grieve. There is light in knowing she does not have pain and is happy, playing with the other angels in heaven. From one who has experienced the grieve, though, while "family" was not my own child, the pain does lessen to an extent with time. There is a book written by Billy Sprague called "Letter To A Greiving Heart" if you have a chance to get it please do. I have read it to many times to count.

May God Bless your family, bring peace to your soul and help to lessen the pain.
Prayers always,
Denise

 
At 3/9/07 5:15 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Thinking of you sweet friends. Praying for your peace and comfort.

I love you all!

With Love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 3/9/07 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayne and Angela,
I thought about you all this weekend- I hope the company of family and friends lifted you up a little and carried you through. I am praying for you as I know the memories of a year ago are very painful and will only become more so as the month goes on. I want you to know that I remember Christi often. Especially when I see a particularly beautiful sky- I find myself thinking "good one, Christi"! :) I wish I had been lucky enough to have known her- what a blessing!

Take care,
Michelle Stokes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home