Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Get Away

Well, I couldn't manage the thought of being home, without Christi, for Easter so I planned a last minute get away and it's been quite helpful medicine! After Shayne came home from work on Thursday we drove to Colonial Williamsburg. The ten hour drive didn't seem like it because two of us slept. The amazing Shayne drove throughout the night, just like he did so many times with Christi. We even took the same roads for quite a while before heading south so I worried that it was too much for him, but when I inquired he responded he was doing ok. Today I learned we had inches of snow at home, so I'm doubly glad we left town!

In preparing for the trip last week, we learned that they have costume rentals for the children, so Shayla and I did some Ebay searching looking for little girls Colonial dresses. Well, when she saw them she decided she liked Pioneer style better. Even though it wasn't the same time period, she said, "I'll be a girl of the future!" She had a ball on Friday, dressed in her Pioneer dress and receiving so many compliments on how well she was dressed and so many tourist asking her if I made her costume (Shayla you didn't really need to laugh that hard each time!) or if we'd found it in a giftshop. As you can see from the 100 photos, taken on Friday, we had a non-stop 11 hour day learning (and living) history! (OK, I decided to go with all 100 photos on Photobucket, but in about five sections (posted below) because I just hung up with my mom and I know she wants to see all 100 - God bless her!!) Being there with a very excited little Miss Elizabeth (yes, we changed our names to be more Colonial, hee hee) was absolutely incredible for William and Anne Thomas (aka Shayne & Angela)!! We have now ventured to a new city, made it through Easter and will share a few pics soon. Until then, be well!!

7 Comments:

At 23/3/08 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures of Williamsburg! The perfect place for a getaway!! I love it there!!

 
At 23/3/08 8:36 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

oh wow!! It certainly looks like you had a wonderful time! And a sunny weather one too!

Shayla, I absolutely love your outfit. Great choice. :o)

You have all been in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love to you,
Olivia

 
At 23/3/08 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking us along with you.
I love Williamsburg - how I wish I could have been there for the sheep shearing.

Glad to hear the trip helped your spirits.

 
At 23/3/08 10:49 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

It is incredible to see how you have managed not to let Christi's death paralyze Shayla's life. Although your grief over her death is everywhere, you have managed to give Shayla the parents and attention she needs. You are amazing. Christy is very proud of the way you are raising her sister. God has provided and you have answered. He is very proud of you.

 
At 23/3/08 11:07 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

So fun. Williamsburg is m favorite place. Did you guys make it to the wig makers shop and the newspaper house? My husband and I used to live a few hours outside of Williamsburg back in 2000 when we were stationed in VA. We just loved it. Looks like you all had fun. Have you ever been to Mt. Vernon? If not you got to check it out.

So glad you got away. Safe and happy travels!

Kimberly

 
At 24/3/08 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad that you enjoyed Williamsburg, VA! I have been following your journey for a long time now and all from my home in Williamsburg, VA! I often thought of inviting you for a get away to our town as I get the feeling that your family enjoys such historical/learning outings.

Pictures look great!

Megan

 
At 25/3/08 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing all those wonderful photos! Shayla looks adorable in her costume. Despite the daily struggles of missing your precious Christi, you continue to dedicate yourselves to enriching Shayla's life in the most wonderful ways. I so very much admire your family's strength and love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home