Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, June 02, 2008

110

Shayne had a very difficult decision to make a couple of months ago. His mom and her friends had set up the Christi Thomas Poker Run (a fundraiser for her memorial fund which allows us to give scholarships) the same time that he was planning to be in Kentucky, at his dad's, for the Highland Games competition in Glasgow. I cannot imagine having divorced parents and I know how fortunate I was to have two parents together all the while growing up, but my heart really went out for Shayne. He decided to attend the Highland Games and I'm so grateful that his mother (Nee Nee) seemed to be fine with his decision. You cannot even imagine our joy Saturday night to learn that 110 motorcycles showed up and participated in the event. What an amazing blessing! I wiped away tears at that amazing show of love! Thank you so much to everyone who participated, who volunteered, who donated. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! We will soon have two more big scholarships to announce, and a summer reading event!

Shayne was definitely "the little guy" in this weekend's competition, but he did great! Here they are setting up for the caber toss. (Yeppers, throwing a tree!)
I think this one is the 56 pound weight toss. You swing it around a few times before you let it go.
Shayla had a grand time "researching" her family and locating her clan!

Shayla enjoyed hunting for her clan! (Trust me, there were many willing to take Miss Curious and Miss Friendly into their clans! So sweet!)
One is is "just" a 28 pound stone throw, one of the six events. It was sooooooo nice that Shayne's sister (Aunt V) also flew in from Phoenix so we were able to spend precious time with her too!

5 Comments:

At 2/6/08 8:34 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

So glad to hear that you had a nice weekend! I love the pictures.

110 that's an absolutely amazing number. I'm so glad the Poker Run went so well. Christi continues to inspire so very many.

Hugs,
Olivia

 
At 2/6/08 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

110? How awesome - people are good!

It's very strange seeing Shayne being the "little guy", he's always the tallest in every other photo :) He seems to have done well for himself in the games though.

Excited to hear about the new events in for the memorial fund.

 
At 2/6/08 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.glasgowdailytimes.com/local/local_story_152194210.html

Angela,

I have been reading your updates for 2 years now and I am actually from Glasgow, KY. The link above is about the Highland Games so I thought you might find it interesting. It is in our local paper today. You will probably find it amazing that I have lived in the Glasgow are my entire life and have never attended the Games. Enjoy that article!!

By the way, I just think Miss Curious is the prettiest little girl. My daughter is 4 would just love her. LOL.

Lori

 
At 3/6/08 8:25 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

OOOOOOOOOOhhhhh, I forgot to post this in my last "response" but the summer reading event sounds AMAZING!!!!!

I can't wait to hear more about it.

Loads of love,
Olivia

 
At 3/6/08 2:03 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

The Highland Games looks like so much fun! :) and what a great turnout for the Poker Run- very sweet! :)

I'd take Shayla into my clan too anytime- she's delightful.

With Love,
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home