Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Some Tough Ones

(PIC: May 2004, joking sisters!) While I try not to follow too closely, because it is so sad, our earthly world lost a couple of very special ones. Emily (a twin, oh how this disease likes to strike twins) died on Chrsiti's birthday, May 12th at the tender age of seven - her twin sister now scared to sleep by herself. Spencer died today. Diagnosed around the same time as Christi, I exchanged many emails with Spencer's dad. And for the final kick in the pants, research has recently discovered that the shots (GCSF) Shayne used to give Christi in the hospital (with great anxiety for all, but Christi only wanted Daddy to do it) MAY actually increase tumor growth according to a recent study. Oh, I'm terribly, terribly sickened as I remember many tears and her great fear with each and every shot she had to get; poor little thing probably knew it was making the cancer grow even faster! Oh, why, oh, why, oh why????!!!!!!

Emily's Site: http://www.caringbridge.org/fl/emilyadamson/

Spencer's Site: http://www.caringbridge.org/canada/spencer/

What would we do without Shay?
She loves animals, just like CT

6 Comments:

At 21/5/08 9:08 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Oh I'm so very sorry to hear about Emily and Spencer. May God be with their families.

I'm sure that the news that a drug you thought was helping may actually have done the opposite was heart wrenching at best. I'm just so sorry.

Sending you all the love and hugs I can!

I love you guys!

Heather

 
At 22/5/08 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your statement about twins getting cancer. One of my friends little girl just was diagnosed with ALL (Lukemia) back in January. She is only twelve. The class of seventh graders pulled together and have a Relay for Life team for Rachel. It is called Rays of Hope and their group of 41 raised over 8,000 dollars. It is truly amazing!

 
At 22/5/08 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew about the loss of sweet Emily but wasn't aware that Spencer had become an angel. He was just celebrating his birthday gokarting and now he's joined Christi in heaven. I truly hate this disease! These kids fight so hard and don't deserve to have their lives cut short. It upsets me knowing that about the GCSF shots possibly increasing growth as I know the kids dread that horrible shot. Christi, Spencer and Emily, you're all very loved and missed!

Shayla, you look so pretty in these new pictures! I also love the joking sisters picture, you and Christi are adorable together.

 
At 23/5/08 2:44 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Just stopping in to let you know I am thinking of all of you today - as I do always ...

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2

 
At 25/5/08 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Thomas family,

I have followed this site for a long time although I do not post much.

I am sorry to hear that the study showed that the shots may not been helpful. Your family researched, and did everything you could do for Christi, along with Dr. Maris. I know that you and Shane, and Dr. Maris did everything that you could for Christi.

Christi and your family is a great inspiration to me.

Praying for your family,
Pam Porter

 
At 27/5/08 6:41 PM, Blogger Kathleen said...

Angela,
Your posting brought tears to my eyes. Two years ago on June 1st my precious mother-in-law had a heart attack in our home. I am a nurse and so I tried to do everything I could to help her until the EMT's came. I was unsuccessful and she passed away on her way to the hospital. A year later my dad was diagnosed with Stage IV melanoma and died six weeks later. I encouraged him to have whole brain radiation for three tumors that he had. He did nothing but get worse from his first treatment.

I live with such guilt from the loss of these precious people. I can't help but think that there was more I could have done or something I shouldn't have encouraged and they might still be here or they might have lived longer. It is so hard for me and I know that feeling that you describe. You know you made the best choice that you could have at that time but sometimes the "what if's" haunt you.

Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home