Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mother's Day

With "my girls" 2004, Washington DC - after going to the White House for the Egg Roll

I miss my dad too. Here he is, about 2nd grade, on Mother's Day with his grandmas, 1949 (Isn't he so cute?!)

My last Mother's Day card from precious Christi.
I miss you sweetie. This time of year is so hard. I can't believe your 12th birthday would be on Tuesday. It's been a very rough, emotional week, sweetie. I went through many of your things and put them in storage. I know the most important things in life are not things, but it's all I have left of you sweetpea, and I found myself clinging to your "stuff". Daddy said, "What possessed you to put that away now? You're braver than I am."
I really can't believe you were only 8 years old when you drew this for me. Your talent was so far beyond your years. May you be having a wonderful day in Heaven, because right now I just want to be with you so bad. I put the last of your things in a plastic tub this week. It all just stinks. Why you? Why not me?! Daddy misses you to pieces too! May God somehow help me through what I know will be a very trying week. I can only imagine how grand we would have made your 12th birthday, if only you would have made it. Please tell God to make your birthday in Heaven grandiose because I can't handle the thought of anything less for you.

Christi "feeding the horses" at mom's, 2005.

6 Comments:

At 9/5/09 11:38 AM, Blogger MaryH said...

Happy Mother's Day, Angela - Christi will be so close on that special day for moms and especially on her birthday - not to worry - God always makes it great! I don't sign often enough - I hope Shayla is adjusting to school and if she has a bad day, just remember, Shayla - If you need to make a bad day a great day...HUG YOUR HORSE! It works. Christi people you never, ever knew on this Earth miss you and your brilliance. Happy Birthday, Beautiful Christi.

 
At 9/5/09 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how poignantly you share your heartaches and pains angela. may God make it an easy week for you as difficult as it may be. I pray for strength for Shay and Shayne too.
Meg

 
At 9/5/09 12:23 PM, Blogger Grandpa John said...

My name is Grandpa John (John Raschke, Redford, MI) and this upcoming Friday May 15, 2009 I will begin a 330 +mile run to raise awareness of childhood cancer (neuroblastoma.)

http://fightingchildhoodcancer.blogspot.com/

When I look for heroes to hold high, your daughter Christi is tops. When I read of the treatment, set-backs and associated pain beautiful Christi endured I am amazed at not only her courage and strength, but of her family as well. I will carry her with me in spirt as I run ever holding her high for all to see.

I make Angel Christi and you her family this promise:

I shall continue to run until the cure is found. If I become too old or weak to continue on I will ask our Heavenly Father to carry me onward to the finish line - a cure.

God Bless
May He hold you gently in His arms of Love

Gj

 
At 9/5/09 3:49 PM, Anonymous Amber said...

Happy Mothers Day Angela , im sure that your angel christi will be watching you and sending all of her love just for you on this very difficult day your facing xx Angela Christi WILL have a splendid day in heaven on her 12th birthday - God will make certain that Christi the little princess recieves the most amazing royal treatment he has xxx May god bless you , i really cannot imagine the pain you're going through ! xxx (Please Remember Christi is always with you - no matter what!) xxx

 
At 9/5/09 4:44 PM, Blogger Mum2twopreciousgifts said...

Dear Angela

With prayers for strength for you today and this week.

With a hug from Australia.

Michelle

 
At 12/5/09 10:11 AM, Blogger Mary Lynn said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet angel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home