Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, September 05, 2011

Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

September is always a tough one for us: childhood cancer awareness month (oh yes, we're aware!), diagnosis (9/11/02), death (9/19/06). My deepest thanks to the amazing Jennifer for creating this awesome photo and for sharing it with me. Thanks! I absolutely love it (and miss that beautiful girl so much)! THANKS!

4 Comments:

At 5/9/11 5:58 PM, Anonymous Amber said...

How very fitting that Christi was diagnosed in childhood cancer awareness month, and even more so that she died in September too...If ever we need a reminder of why it is so very important to raise awareness and ultimately find a cure for this beast - Christi is that reminder. It saddens me when I think of everything that Christi would have done for this world, had she been given the chance to stay for longer. I don't ever feel like that for long though, because those thoughts are quickly over-shadowed by the reminders of everything that she did do in the time she was given. She raised awareness, and she did so with such grace, dedication & wit that it touched millions. She loved more, laughed more & loved more then most. It's heartbreaking that we couldn't save Christi, It's heartbreaking that this little girl wasn't given the opportunity to continue spreading her awareness. I think it's so brilliant that just because Christi is no longer here and able to raise awareness on her own, you guys are instead. I take my hat off to you. Truly inspiring - I can see where Christi got it from. To me, your daughter/sister is everything that a person should be, everyday I aspire to be a little bit more like this precious angel, to love more, to laugh more & to live more...To make others aware. She made me aware & in doing so, she's changed my world for the better. Thank you, sweet, beautiful Christi! Thank you, Thomas Team! Xxxx

 
At 5/9/11 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

still missing you

 
At 5/9/11 9:21 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

I love you, Angela! I am thinking of you all so much!

Olivia

 
At 6/9/11 8:34 AM, Blogger Sammie Ryan said...

What a beautiful photo Angela.
Thinking of all the Thomas Team...especially in this difficult month.

Love Sam (Dublin)xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home