Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

We had a lovely visit with our Japanese friends! The girls (Shayna - 7, and Anju - 4) reminded us so much of when Christi & Shayla were little. It was wonderful to see the beautiful Japanese girls play with Christi and Shayla's favorite toys I just couldn't part with. Sweet!


Unfortunately, a bug bite caused little Anju's eye and much of the left side of her face to swell shut. We tried out the new Urgent Care in Tiffin where she was misdiagnosed with a sty. Later that day we were in Toledo school shopping so we made a trip to the ER at Toledo Children's hospital where they determinied it to be a bug bite and gave her steroids and benedryl. Shayla was amazing! I was so proud of her! When I praised her about being so wonderful keeping Anju's older sister busy and out of the way, she told me that she knew lots of people did that for her so she thought she could help out. What a sweetie!


Shayla said recently, "I'm going to be so sad when they go back to Japan." I know that's true. We told her whenever she wants to go to Japan to visit them we will put her on a plane and send her there. She was a great teacher and I think out of all of us she got the little girls to speak English better than any of the rest of us. Thanks, Shayla! Fly safe Mika, Shayna & Anju! Until we meet again......

2 Comments:

At 12/8/11 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you Thomas team, so nice to see you are having a wonderful summer and enjoyed your time with your Japanese Friends!
Enjoy the rest of the summer! x

 
At 17/8/11 10:39 AM, Blogger Marshmallow Woman said...

Dear Angela, I came to your blog by chance (we have the wonderful Becky Smith as a mutual friend on Facebook), so I hope you won't mind me leaving this little comment. I spent the last hour reading the story of little Christi and your wonderful family and I wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Yes, Christi's story made this bored 30-something Italian girl cry in the middle of a lazy summer Roman afternoon, but it also gently forced me to stop for a little while to reflect, ponder and cogitate (Yes, all together. I needed the additional help of a couple of cookies for this). About the feeling of emptiness I sometimes feel, and about the difference that any single human being can truly make.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. And sorry for my bad English. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home