Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Tis the Season! Rejoice!

Oh, a beautiful dusting of snow put us all in the Christmas mood yesterday! Shayla, who despises spending money and shopping, actually wanted to go shopping at the mall in Toledo to buy for all of her friends - so we did! When we hopped into a coffee shop before heading home, the gal behind the counter said, "You look like Christmas!" and we had to laugh and agree, we were dressed in red and green. (See photo.) We listened to a wonderful Christian CD of Christmas music one of my awesome students gave me as a gift on Friday, the day of his final. It was lovely! I have the greatest students!

Graduation was amazing! (I kid you not the professors have more fun than the students! Checking out the graduates' shoe selections and of course "flashing" each other by unzipping our robes back stage before marching in is a riot!) As soon as I heard the announcement, "Please welcome the distinguished faculty of Bowling Green State University" tears welled up in my eyes as I started processing in with hundreds of other faculty members. (Photo: Friday's "Girls Night Out" with one of my favorite colleagues, Dr. Penny!)

Much to my surprise and delight, my two favorite birds were around after the ceremony so I was able to snap this picture. Roll along falcons, and never stop BGing! Keep in touch, sweet students! Because thankfully, none of you were like this student:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVvKnq5XT-g&sns=fb (Need a good laugh, check this out!)

1 Comments:

At 18/12/11 10:24 AM, Blogger Anita said...

I really needed a smile. Thank you. You guys look amazing :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home