Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Family Photos


Of course I can't post new family pictures without including one of Christi. Therefore, I'm posting this one taken in Washington DC after the Egg Roll at the White House, April 2004. Photo by "Flashes of Hope" - providing free photos to families of children with cancer, what a blessing!

Shayla's braces go on this week; therefore, we decided to have our famiy photos taken. We hired one of my awesome former colleagues - Lisa Rombach. It's always hard to do "family" things knowing one of us is not here, but Lisa made it very easy on us! I taught beside or across the hall from Lisa for 15 years. She was Christi's first grade teacher (for ten days) then Christi was diagnosed with cancer and Lisa so kindly came to our home to tutor Christi until we packed up and moved to NYC. Lisa was also Shayla's first grade teacher during that last, terribly rough, year of Christi's life.
I'm so sorry to have dumped on Lisa like we did time and time again during Christi's battle, but she is absolutely amazing and we're thrilled she's now a photographer too!
If you're looking for a wonderful, efficient, organized and inexpensive photographer (and a wonderful person) check out Lisa Rombach photography. You won't be disappointed! (LINK ABOVE IN RED)







20 Comments:

At 26/9/11 4:22 PM, Blogger Amy K said...

Oh my goodness, these are absolutely stunning! And, what a treasured photo from 2004 as well. Many blessings...

 
At 26/9/11 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!!!! Shayla sure needs to be in modeling.. She is very gorgeous!!!! Love the family pictures!!!!
Shanan

 
At 26/9/11 11:22 PM, Blogger Emmers said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!

 
At 27/9/11 1:07 AM, Anonymous Melissa Morley (Saskatoon, Saskatcewan Canada) said...

You all look beautiful! Shayla you look so grown up!

 
At 27/9/11 4:01 AM, Anonymous Lisa said...

Hello - I'm sooooo intrigued by the American attitude to braces for the teeth :) It seems like every teenager has to have them - what is the idea behind it? Shayla has beautful teeth. The comedian Ricky Gervais said the Americans laughed at his teeth because they weren't straight - but you don't really just put braces on teeth for the sake of appearance do you? Over here (UK) we only fit braces if there is a clearly defined clinical need or if the appearance of the teeth is sooo out of whack to be considered detrimental to the peson's social wellbeing. Just interested. Shayla has turned into a very pretty young lady

 
At 27/9/11 7:18 AM, Blogger jo said...

Stunning, Beautiful, Gorgeous
jo x

 
At 27/9/11 8:33 AM, Anonymous Suzie Palmucci, Castalia, Ohio said...

You have such a beautiful family :)

 
At 27/9/11 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! Shayla is really becoming such a beautiful young lady. I know you are both very proud of her!

Kathryn C

 
At 27/9/11 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My jaw just dropped, Shayla's gorgeous!!! and she takes after her parents so much. Thinking of your beautiful family every day.

Oliwia

 
At 27/9/11 4:11 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Beautiful pictures!! Thanks for sharing!

Love Holly Hart
Katy, TX

 
At 28/9/11 5:33 AM, Blogger Sammie Ryan said...

Dear Angela, Shayne and Christi.

What wonderful photos.They are just adoreable.
A fabulous looking family both inside and out.
I love the top photo with sweet little Christi.

Love from Sam (Dublin)xxx

 
At 29/9/11 5:25 AM, Blogger Deb M. said...

Beautiful Family Photos of a Beautiful Family; inside and out! I cannot believe how grown-up Miss Shayla is. I'm wondering, I've always been "jealous" of your beautiful natrual curly hair, Angela and so I wonder is Shayla's a natural curl too or curling iron? Also, she looks cute with her braces . . . . another 'rite of passgae' I guess!

So, thanks for poting the faily photos - alot of cute ideas she had.

 
At 30/9/11 2:39 PM, Anonymous Susy M. said...

Beautiful pictures. God bless you all.

 
At 3/10/11 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow shayla is just stunning I can't believe it. What a wonderful family.

Everytime I check this blog it brings me so much joy you guys have touched my heart. I was ment to be coming to Chicago (from Australia) for a year late august to be an au pair and had planned to visit Christis grave. I was so disappointed when I found out I couldn't go due to my medical history, the flights were booked and all :( so now I go back to studying primary school teaching at UNI still love that! :)

Hopefully when I visit Christi I can one day get in contact with you all.

one day I will visit Christis grave. And when that day comes I'll be sure to leave a note.

I hope your all well :)

Grace

 
At 4/10/11 9:43 AM, Blogger Debbie said...

AMAZING beautiful family pictures!!!! You all look great. Shayla is stunning. These brought tears to my eyes.

 
At 5/10/11 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela, I do believe that Shayla is a mini you!

Wendy Landers
Concord, Georgia

 
At 13/10/11 1:27 PM, Blogger snekcip said...

Beautiful!!! OMG Shayla is just gorgeous!!!

 
At 14/10/11 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pictures are wonderful!!! What an absolutely beautiful young woman Shayla has become. I'm sure you will both agree that she is growing up way, way too fast. Family pictures are certainly not want they used to be, so casual and so down-to-earth. You three must be so proud!!!
Mary Lou

 
At 29/10/11 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! So happy that you are all doing so well! Christi would be happy about that! Would LOVE to see you all again sometime!

Love and Blessings,
Jan Wilder

 
At 29/10/11 9:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home