Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Sleepy Girl Goes to School!

Even though we arrived home about 8PM it was very late when we actually got to bed last night - and I still have a lot to do in the way of unpacking. Much to my delight, Christi wanted to go to school when I woke her up at 6:30 AM this morning. I thought all was well!

About 9:45AM I received a note from her teacher informing me that Christi had a headache and was nauseous and crashed out in the big chair in the back of the room. My Principal was in my room at the time so I asked him to see if Mr. Jones was still in the building. I quickly grabbed my coat and threw some work into my teacher's bag thinking I was heading for home. Arriving in Christi's room I learned that she didn't want to go home and that she thought she'd just sleep a little while. I returned to my classroom feeling very stupid telling my Principal "False Alarm". I assumed I'd take her home at lunch, but at lunch the cafeteria ladies told me she was okay, but she didn't want any mashed potatoes (One of her favorite foods!). I found her reading a book in the big chair instead of at recess. After school she told me that her eyes and her head hurt, but not too bad. Oh, how I wish she were pain free. I'm scared!

She wasn't up to going to dance classes tonight, but perhaps that is because she was busy playing "dogs and cats" with Shayla. (smile)

I've arranged for a 7:00 AM blood draw at the hospital on Thursday. This shall allow us to make it to school - it's the day of the 4th grade's big Valentine party, ya know (smile). Shayne was able to order all of her needed prescriptions today.

(Photo: Christi with her wonderful Principal - Mr. Powers)

18 Comments:

At 7/2/06 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi is the best VALENTINE EVER! I cannot imagine your struggle and pain and wish that all the wonderful people who love Christi from afar could do more...make this better...if we all could take just a little of the pain, then she would be OK. We would all do it...there is no question...just WHY CAN'T WE? Well...just know that this small, beautiful, brilliant child has touched a nation and beyond. That's more that can be said for most of us...
With love and prayers,
Beth Sullivan and family...

 
At 7/2/06 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers throughout the day. I'm still asking for the miracle of complete healing for Christi.

 
At 7/2/06 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To The Thomas Team

I am flooding heaven with prayers from here in Philadelphia that Christi feels well enough to get to that Valentine's Day party at school on Thursday. I am also praying for her pain to just go away and stay away!!!

 
At 7/2/06 7:44 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Love the Ben and Jerry's picture. :) Mommy has my favorite-chocolate ice cream-umm!!

I'm so sorry to hear that Christi is having some pain still. I'll be praying for that specifically tonight. I wish she was pain free too.

I'm glad to hear that Christi will make the Valentine's party. Please thank Mrs. Smith from me for making that happen. :) What a great teacher!! When I told my brother (he teaches 4th grade as well) of the plans, he said well of course they should celebrate Valentine's a little early for Christi. He sends along his prayers for her as well.

Constant prayers and so much love!! Sending hugs as well to you all!

I love you Thomas Team!!

Love,
Heather

 
At 7/2/06 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you got to go to school, sweetheart. I am praying hard that your LDH level falls but also that you will be pain free. I will update everyone at my church tomorrow night. Have a Great time at your Valentine's Party Thursday!! God Bless your family and I will continue storming heaven for you and your family.

 
At 7/2/06 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you got to go to school, sweetheart. I am praying hard that your LDH level falls but also that you will be pain free. I will update everyone at my church tomorrow night. Have a Great time at your Valentine's Party Thursday!! God Bless your family and I will continue storming heaven for you and your family.

 
At 7/2/06 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless your heart, sweet Christi! I hope you have a great time at your party. I'm still thinking of you and praying so hard for the good Lord to heal you from this beast!
Megan in NC

 
At 7/2/06 8:16 PM, Blogger Jan said...

Hi!
Just wanted to pop in and say that I am SO glad you got home OK. Christi is just AMAZING! God definitely has her in the palm of His hand! I live about 40 minutes from Philly and would love to meet you sometime when you are at CHOP. You are all in my prayers.
Love and Blessings!
Jan

 
At 7/2/06 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute picture of Ben and Jerry's. I hope your ice cream was delicious!!

Glad to hear you arrived home safely and got to go to school today!!

:) erin

 
At 7/2/06 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela,
You have every right to be scared. I would have been scared a long time ago. I have followed Christi and your family for quite a long time.
My heart goes out to each of you as this has been a roller coaster of a journey. I can hope and pray that the car stabilizes and balances from here on out. You all have touched many, many lives.
I was thinking of you when I tucked my daughter into bed tonight and felt complied to check the blog.
I am praying from afar for Christi(and the family) in this incredible fight.

 
At 8/2/06 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it to school today! Hope you all have a GREAT valentine's day party and that you are feeling well and enjoy the day.

I have a class full of children praying for you everyday!

we love you!

 
At 8/2/06 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, so glad your home!
love, Ellen

 
At 8/2/06 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute picture . Christi your my Valentine . My kids have kids club at church tonight were going to put you on the prayer list . You and your family has a big place in my heart . Have a great day !!!!!!!

UpperSandusky ohio :) :) :) :)

 
At 8/2/06 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you I went to school with Mr. Powers he is a awesome person . Take care you awesome Valentine .

 
At 8/2/06 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi,
Sweetie you look WONDERFUL!! Enjoy your day at school. I am so excited that you are going to make it to your valentines day party!!! Cant wait to see a picture :-)

You are always in my prayers.. I hope you continue to improve
With all my love

 
At 8/2/06 11:32 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Hello sweet Thomas Team,

Praying hard for Chrsti!! I hope she was able to make it to school today and is enjoying herself with friends.

Praying hard for no more headaches or eye pain either, or pain anywhere in her little body. Her willpower, attitude and spunk continue to amaze me.

Keeping you all close to my heart, in my thoughts and in my prayers.

Love you all!

Lots of Love, tons of prayers,

Heather

 
At 8/2/06 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Jesus, we ask that you take Christi's pain and nausea away. Let her enjoy her favorite foods and feel fantastic for her Valentine's Day Party!! It would mean soo much to her and especially to her sweet Mommy and Daddy. We know you love her more than any of us can imagine ... you are her Father. You know our hearts long for complete physical healing for Christi and we continue to come to Your throne of Mercy and ask for that ... Continue to pour out Your Grace and Peace upon this precious family.
In the sweet name of Jesus!

 
At 8/2/06 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Christi,

You look beautiful!! So glad you are all home and got back to school. Have a wonderful Valentines Day Party!!

Love,
The Hollways

 

Post a Comment

<< Home