Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Dear Mom


Dear Mom,
I hope you come home soon. I miss you. As you can see from the photo I was not very happy with Dad tonight. He made me do my homework......and take a bath. Everything was cool until then.

We worked in the yard and got all of the landscaping shaped up and did some spring cleaning-dad made me pick up some of my stuff. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? All of the laundry is done, we used extra bleach on all of your stuff!

My biking skills are really improving. Dad took me out on the REAL road on Friday. Today, Dad hooked the trailer onto my bike and I took the neighbor boys for rides. Bunny even got in on the action! Don't worry-even though I learned to pop a wheelie today-I won't do it when you are looking!

Every ten minutes since Friday I asked Dad to take me frog hunting. Finally, tonight we went down to the creek and caught one....only it did't work out so well because as soon as it hit the bottom of the buckket it bounced right out, back into the water....Can you even beleive we never saw that thing again?

Good thing I stayed home because I have had to feed all the cute fuzzy little animals. When its time for Buckeye to get her medicine dad needs me to catch that frisky little critter. He'd be lost with out me I tell ya.

Well I better get to bed and rest. It takes a lot of energy to ask all the questions that I do in a day.

Love you mom,
Shayla

3 Comments:

At 30/4/06 10:50 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Oh Shayla, you are so very precious!

Our cousins' have a 80+ acre farm about 45 min north of here. You would LOVE it! Lots of frogs in the pond! : ) ...and we see deer when we go on a hayride through the woods...(no hay on this "hay" ride, we use old sofa cushions!). We'll have to see about getting the Thomas Team there for a visit whenever you get together in "the city of brotherly love" again.

I hope dad's easier on you tomorrow! heheheeheee!!

Good night Thomas Team. xoxo

love, sylvia

 
At 1/5/06 4:57 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Oh sweet Shayla! Did daddy help you with this? How DARE he make you do homework and clean up your things?!?....hehe

So cute!!

Love, Jennifer

 
At 1/5/06 9:13 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Shayla, I know how hard this must be for you! Maybe sometime you and Riley could talk and compare notes on how hard it is to be the sibling of a Cancer kid. You have been going through this for much longer and i am sure he could use your advise. Christi is very lucky to have such a great little sister!!

Lisa (Mom of Eden) www.edenadams.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home