Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

No Fever, Feeling Better

We managed to sneak through another feverless night. We praise the Lord and all of Christi's powerful prayer warriors for that! She's feeling better today and actually ate some cereal (finally). We've played many games of double solitaire and put together a puzzle so far. We're talking about heading over to the Barnes and Noble later this afternoon and I'm hoping for more Brady Bunch episodes later today since we've really enjoyed watching those old re-runs together.

This morning some awesome and compassionate teachers from a school in Philadelphia came in and prepared an incredible breakfast for the families staying here. Dining on locks and quiche, I thought for a few moments I was on a cruiseship! Christi soon brought me back to reality by whisperng, "Mom, would you quit talking so we can do something fun?" I joked back, "You know how I am with a group of teachers! I have lots of questions about their school."

This morning I spoke with Eden's great daddy (Rourke) and firmed up our plans to fly back home in his uncle's plane on Wednesday. Thankfully, Eden's fever is gone and she's feeling full of energy right now. We pray that continues and that she is once again NED! Hopefully, Dr. Maris's MIBG treatment will do that very soon!

3 Comments:

At 30/4/06 11:47 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Praise God for a fever free night!! I thought of you all through church this morning where the Sermon was on God being with us through the storms of life.

I'm thankful that Christi is feeling a bit better and is up to a trip to Barnes and Noble. Enjoy the Brady Bunch episodes, I enjoy watching those old re-runs myself.

Lots of love, tons of prayers,
Heather

 
At 30/4/06 12:12 PM, Blogger Jan said...

Hi!
So glad to hear no fever and no bug from school. I've been praying hard for God to keep a hedge of protection around you both constantly. Can't wait to hear about the WONDERFUL birthday coming up soon!! At least the weather is great for you here this weekend. I'll be in touch soon! Remember, I'm close by if you need me!
Love you!
Jan

 
At 30/4/06 4:21 PM, Blogger Candy said...

I just wanted to let you know that I contacted the author of the Hank the Cowdog series, John Erickson, to see if there is anything he can do/send to make Christi's birthday even more special. I'll keep you posted if I hear back from him. (*fingers crossed*)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home