Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Fever Hit

Well, we knew she hadn't been feeling very well most of the weekend; yet, we were hopeful she'd somehow avoid the dreaded fever, have an increased white count at her appointment tomorrow and Shayne had planned to drive her home which would allow me to cancel my flight to Philly and to receive a full paycheck for the week. Well, wishful thinking! I feel like I've been punched in the gut...........again. We just didn't need this.

A moment ago, I called Shayne for our nightly chat. I could tell he was hustling around as he immediately said, "We're heading over to the emergency room right now." Having experienced the middle of the night fevers and admits in the recent past, my heart just fell. I warned him that he'd sit in the ER with her for seven hours before (hopefully) getting a room up on the oncology floor and that the ER at CHOP is anything but pleasant for an oncology patient. He know's what he's up against. (They make certain she's stable and that she has that first dose of heavy meds in her first - then call to see if there's a room upstairs. Despite her request for a pillow, they won't have any.) I'm so glad Aunt Vaunie is with them. And I'll be there soon; hey, my heart and head are already there!! God bless you, precious Christi! Mommy loves you so and Shayla can't wait for you to come back home to play with her; she told me that many times today.

2 Comments:

At 2/4/06 8:28 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Well Darn it! I had been praying so hard that she would avoid a fever. I'm so, so sorry that this was not the case.

I'll be praying for a quick trip out of the ER and for a room up in Oncology to be available.

I love your little gal and all of you soo much! My heart breaks for and with you all.

I'll be praying!

Lots of love and tons of prayers,

Heather

P.S. Shayne- So nice to see a blog update from you. Ahh the joy of a long run- it is delightful. I'm thankful you have your sister with you to allow you to get out and exercise.

 
At 3/4/06 2:41 AM, Blogger brooke said...

hi thomas team -- just wanted to drop in and let you know that i'm continuing to keep you in my prayers.

all my best.
brooke, from oregon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home