Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Special Visits




Two very special visits today:

One to the "Academy of Natural Sciences" thanks to Michelle and Anthony! Christi was able to go in special "off limit" areas and see a wide variety of animals close up! (Boa constrictors, lizards, animals I've never heard of before including an animal who kept stalking her - she thought it was hilarious! "Do I look like food?") It was incredible!! Also, for the first time, we took the city bus. (Thanks to Michelle's great directions these country gals did okay and prefer it to the subway.)

Tonight we had a special visit here at the Ronald House. Jan and Larry drove into the city to entertain us. We sat in the kitchen and played games. Christi is feeling great and I loved watching her laugh as she won (and lost) some games. Larry won "LCR" - three times and even took his own picture! Christi thought it was so funny she laughed herself off her chair and right onto the floor! (She's fine; actually, she never stopped laughing!) They brought Christi a darling pair of summer kitty PJs and the softest socks - two things Christi was lacking this trip.

It appears that minutes after I posted my plea of needing a lift home on Sunday, a sweet Chrsiti supporter I used to teach with emailed and offered to bring us back! Thanks be to God for prayers answered! I'm looking forward to catching up with Jane and learning what her new wschool is like; she was always so curtious and pleasant to work with. My colleagues are the best!

Shayne and Shayla should be in Pennsylvania by now. We expect them to arrive about 1 AM. Christi has been hard at work finishing her Father's Day present she started yesterday (two pom pom craft dogs) and she drew him her finest card ever - thanks Traci for the book about shading; I can't believe how quickly she's picking it up. The animals she's now drawing are so realistic. Christi wants to give him his Father's day present tomorrow and considering the consent forms along with the many possible side effects, including death, that I signed at the hospital to authorize the "treatment" (torture) that's to begin on Monday, I think it's a good idea. She's feeling so well right now, it's going to be very hard to put her through this knowing the side effects and knowing how ill it's going to make her. I've already started my prayers that her stem cells, which will be transplanted back in her on Friday, will quickly engraft and bring her back to life. Lord her our prayers!

2 Comments:

At 19/5/06 10:49 PM, Blogger Jan said...

Hi!
I just wanted to say thanks for such a nice visit! We had a BALL! Even if I did lose almost every game...Waaaah! I think Larry must have cheated somehow...hahaha! Christi...you are SUCH a sweetheart and so are you Angela. It was a REALLY fun evening!! We'll have to do it again. Have a SUPER weekend with Shane and Shayla. I'm praying hard for things to go really well this week! Talk to you soon.
Love you,
Jan & Larry (the LCR champ)...I'll email you his picture! :)

 
At 19/5/06 11:14 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

I just returned from the Allentown airport after picking up my sister-in-law who flew back into the States after 15 days in Europe... see, just a hop/skip/and a jump (not even!) from our home! : ) So I'm praying for Shayne and Shayla's safe arrival which should be within the hour! Sounds like you had a fun day Christi! You could probably show ME around Philly!...hey, we should plan that. After this bout of treatment we'll make a date... you wouldn't mind going through everything again would you?

Sweet dreams Thomas Team! ....

and yes, LORD, HEAR OUR PRAYER.


love, sylvia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home