Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mom's Day & Final B-day Celebration

Even though Buttercup and Buckeye clapped their paws together, the rest of us were sad to see Eric and Alicia and their beautiful dogs head back to Michigan this morning. (Christi joked that they were giving A-paw-pause!) The wonderful Grandma Nee Nee (Shayne's Mom) was here and we were able to wish her a Happy Mother's day. She gave Christi this amazing pet stroller for the big girl's 9th birthday. WOW! (Yes, that's Shayla's bunny in there!)

We went to Grandma Nonee and Paw Paw's later today. The girls had a wonderful time playing with their cousins, as always, while I caught up with my mom, sister and aunt. Check out this amazing cake Aunt Marty (my Godmother and Shayla's Godmother) brought. Christi's picture is on it along with Buttercup and Buckeye. Incredible!

Each year we've taken a picture of Shayne & I holding "baby" Christi. This year proved to be a little challenging as she now weighs 70 pounds! (I pray we will have the opportunity to try again next year, maybe some year she'll hold us!)

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY to our incredible moms, grandmas, "Grandma" Donna and Godmothers for showing us what true love is and for teaching us about faith through their countless, selfless acts! May God richly bless them- and all mothers everywhere! As the Jewish proverb goes, "God couldn't be everywhere so he created Mothers!"

Shayla loved her "piggy" which Christi made for her.

4 Comments:

At 14/5/06 7:55 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Angela!!

A pet stroller?? How cute! I love the pictures.

Love, Jennifer
My New Website: www.freewebs.com/kidscancercrusade

 
At 15/5/06 4:45 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

I can't say "just love it!" enough...oh, it's ALMOST like being there! Thank you so much for sharing all of your special moments with us.

Christi and Shayla, what special, special sisters you are. Shayla, your expression is priceless....the love and concern in those eyes... I hold you close to my heart. And Christi, that never-ending smile that is just so contageous! I just love (see, there I go again!)the birthday cakes! And what creative, talented friends you have...the wording on the invitation is so cool! Hmmmm...might have to hire the Grines crew to do some wording for me some time...if Hallmark doesn't get them first! And the pet stroller! What a hoot that is! I have never seen anything like that. I wonder if they come in different sizes....for larger pets? Would be so much easier taking Inky to the vet that way!

We had a very nice Mother's Day... We brought Michele and ALL of her stuff home on Sat. for good! She will be a nanny this summer for a family in town. I fell asleep on the sofa Sat. night...at 130AM I feel this tap on my shoulder...it was Meghan! She's living up at Penn State for the summer but surprised me and drove the 3 hrs home after working til 9PM! What a wonderful surprise! So we all went to breakfast, then Mass, and then Victor made dinner later in the afternoon...my mom, grandma, sister and brother came for dinner too. And the liquid sunshine held off long enough for us to have a cookout and sit around the fire for a bit.

I hope today is filled with miracles. much love, Sylvia xoxo

 
At 15/5/06 6:20 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Great picture of you and Shayne holding Christi! :)

Praying that she's pain free and continues to be that way. I'm so glad she got to have such a nice weekend. Sounds like the whole family enjoyed it!

Lots of love to all of you for always! Many prayers too!!

LOVE YOU!

Heather

 
At 4/4/09 9:00 AM, Anonymous Amber - 3 years late !! said...

angela - i do apologise !this is a 3 year late comment !! I just had to say , it brought a tear to my eye knowing you never did get the opportunity to hold your baby for another bday photo - but im certain god did xxx - sending lots of love and prayers Amber xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home