Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Celebration in Order!

Truth be told, I haven’t been able to update the blog because I’ve been worried sick since we discovered a lump on Christi’s head this weekend. It just hadn’t budged all week. When I asked Shayne if he was scared and really worried too, he silently nodded yes. That horribly sick feeling from late Jan. was back and never left…..until I checked my phone messages on my lunch break today.

Shayne took Christi to her required check up at Dr. Vela’s today and Dr. Vela is certain that it is a mosquito bite on top of Christi’s head. Thank you for helping us pray that away. I’m so thankful to have a mosquito bite instead of a tumor! Praise the Lord! Dr. Maris told me very early Monday morning to get her to CHOP by the end of the week to get started on spot radiation. Thankfully, my schedule didn’t permit me to get her there this week or I would have, and Shayne responded to Dr. Maris, “I’m not 100% certain on this yet. Let’s monitor it for a day or two.” God is great and we celebrate His goodness!

Yesterday was Christi’s final day of the Fenretnide cycle and it was a wicked one for her. While she had been experiencing off and on tummy pains and "related issues", I was very surprised yesterday to check my messages at lunch and learn she was curled up in the fetal position on the floor of the YMCA. She had vomited, and when I got a hold of my wonderful mom she was with Christi at home. Thankfully, that was her worst day and it’s now over. She’s such a great sport! (That goes for my mom too! THANKS, Mom for all of your extra help this week!)

Rumor had it that Christi’s Cat Project won “first place overall small animals” at the fair; therefore, a trip to the fair was warranted. Not only did she receive a large blue rosette ribbon, but also a lovely trophy. Congrats to our friends, Kaleb and Sara for winning first place in Cat 2 and Cat 3!! They were both so helpful as Christi prepared her first 4-H project.

Additionally, both girls had their art displayed with the school art, thanks to Mrs. Nugget so we also admired it tonight too! Milling around the fair visiting was a lot of fun!

Shayla's art displayed at the fair.
Christi's art displayed at the fair.






Shayla has been complaining of an ear ache since Sunday so she also was seen by Dr. Vela today. It appears that her third set of ear tubes are still in place (YES!) however she has a horrible ear infection and is not feeling very well as a result. I'm certain the medicine will kick in soon.

Tonight we will sleep so much better- praising God for swollen mosquito bites!!

With gratitude,
Angela

8 Comments:

At 26/7/06 7:47 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

PRAISE GOD for mosquito bites!! Oh I'm just thrilled. I kept checking and checking the blog and hoping and praying hard for the best. YIPEE!!

I am sorry of course that the chemo was so tough on her. Poor thing.

CONGRATULATIONS on the big trophy and ribbon! What great news.

I hope Shayla's ear infection clears up soon. Those hurt.

Extra hugs and kisses to both girls sweet faces.

I love you guys soo much!

Praising God for his goodness with you tonight. Contiuned prayers for your precious princess.

Lots of love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 26/7/06 8:33 PM, Blogger jimandkimwatts said...

Good news about the mosquito bite! We are praying for you!

Taylor's WebPage

 
At 26/7/06 9:09 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Dear God...we cry to You in desperation and You hear us. We give You thanks for all good things, most especially the update on Christi. Tonight we thank You for those annoying little insects!
: ) Amen.

Angela and Shayne...the Bump In The Road post...when I read it I have to admit, I got a bit emotional and really had a long, heartfelt little sob with the Big Guy. Before I started this post I had another one of those sessions with Him, but tears of joy this time. We will continue to pray for Christi to feel well, and despite what any scan says, there is still room to pray for the miracle. God is good all the time...All the time God is good.

Well Miss Shayla! What amazing art work! I love the detail in the flower to the far right. I surely hope that your earache is feeling better tonight. I'll be praying for you also...an earache just makes you feel miserable all over, doesn't it?

Christi, a trophy AND ribbon!!! YES!!! I am so happy that you were rewarded for all of that hard work! And what beautiful art work being displayed at the fair!

Have a wonderful rest of the week Thomas Team. love, sylvia

 
At 26/7/06 10:03 PM, Blogger My Random Ramblings: said...

I don't think I've ever been so happy about bug bites!!

And, Christi, congrats on the cat project win!

 
At 26/7/06 11:08 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hey Guys. I will never curse another mosquito again! Very happy here in Columbus for the Thomas team.....

Lisa (www.edenadams.com)

 
At 27/7/06 9:55 AM, Blogger Candy said...

SOOOO happy to hear that the bump is just a mosquito bite! I will say a prayer for Shayla's ear to heal quickly. Ear infections are no fun at all...poor kiddo:(

 
At 28/7/06 12:36 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

I continue to pray for your Sweet Wonder Child's total healing from God here on Earth! I must say my heart sunk and the sick feeling went through me when I read about the "bumps" ... tears flow as I type knowing that those pesky Skeeters were gnawing on her instead ... thank goodness for skeeters! They think she's as sweet as the rest of us do ... I will continue to pray, pray, pray! Congratulations Christi - what an amazing inspiration you are to so many!

God Bless

 
At 28/7/06 6:06 PM, Blogger nikki the red said...

Shayla & Christi are BOTH quite the artists!!! Congratulations girls and I'm glad you're BOTH feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home