Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Christi's Cat Project: Grade "A"

Happy with a blue ribbon!
July 22, 06 4H judging
Arriving at the Seneca County fairgrounds.
Holding Buckeye for the judging.

Thank you everyone for your help with Chrsiti's 4H Project "Cat One". It was a very enjoyable morning. (Well, after she choked down the Fenretnide at home that is.) Everything was so well organized at the fair that she finished her 4H judging 30 minutes before she was even scheduled to begin- wow! Impressive!

She really enjoyed talking with the judge and answering her questions. All of her marks were between "good" and "very good" with her highest marks in ability to express herself. Her written comment was "very informative". Christi was happy to earn a blue ribbon and a $3.00 premimum and I must admit I choked up with tears when I saw how happy she was to receive it from the judge. (Then she really enjoyed walking with Theresa and pushing Buckeye all over the fairgrounds visiting and looking for her friend Kaylyn.) Likewise I was pleased to be able to visit with many students, parents and friends this morning.

Thank you to 4-H parents and advisors everywhere! After witnessing you in action today, I saw how hard you work! Your reward in Heaven will be great!

5 Comments:

At 22/7/06 1:25 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

YEAHHHHHH CHRISTI!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thanks for sharing the process with us through pictures! I had to giggle, looking at the first picture with you holding up your blue ribbon....Buckeye looks as if to say, "I don't know what all the fuss is about!"...oh Buckeye, you're just being humble! : ) We're so proud of you Christi! Living "in the city" I was never exposed to 4H, so I am really enjoying your experience. Thank you. Love your t-shirts too. Hope you got a kick out of the monkey e-mail card I sent to you and Shayla...it is safe to open... my friend Linda Connolly sent one to us and I just giggled!...and knew just who I could send one to!

This morning I took my little friends Luke, Alexis, and Isabella to see the Snow White play at DeSales University, and then brought them back to our home for lunch. We had a good time. They are anxiously awaiting the birth of their new little sister who will be named Italia...or Lia for short...the L representing Luke, the I representing Isabella, and the A representing Alexis. Thought that was pretty clever of Nicole and John!

Have a WONDERFUL weekend! I can't wait to hear about your next project!!! love, sylvia xoxo

 
At 22/7/06 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your blue ribbon Christi! Excellent work!!!

 
At 23/7/06 11:13 AM, Blogger Jan said...

Way to go Christi and Buckeye!!!
Congratulations!
We're so proud of you!
Love,
Jan & Larry

 
At 23/7/06 3:55 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Congrats Christi!! Way to go!

By the way, I was going through pictures and I've noticed...does Christi have a new favorite pose for pictures? Of course not in these, but the last few posts in most of the pictures, Christi has her arms stretched out long to the side. (the pool, CHOP on top, Cedar Point...) Its cute.

 
At 24/7/06 8:33 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Congratulations to Christi! I can tell she put a lot of work into her project! And congratulations to Buckeye as well, for having the patience to sit in the cat stroller all day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home