Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

We Didn't Run Away with the Circus

Sorry for the delay in updates! We're still home!! All is well and Christi even finished her 4H project early, praise God!! She is still feeling great; I’ve just been beyond busy in recent days. My deepest thanks to the wonderful Arnold & Grine families for taking care of the children while I was in classes this week. The girls had fabulous days in their care!









Thursday found Shayla spending a special day with her great friend, Amber (Happy Birthday, Amber!) while Christi had the opportunity to take two friends to Cedar Point (Thanks for your generosity, dear Missy!!) While at “the Point” we met up with a beautiful woman from Michigan named Chris. She has been a faithful supporter of Christi’s for many years so finally they had the chance to meet in person. Chris sent her teenage boys off on their own and she hung out with us. Not only was I thrilled to get to meet this sweetheart in person, but I think the three girls liked the fact that I wasn’t eavesdropping into their conversations too. Kaylyn, Theresa and Christi were all giggles and smiles the entire day. It was truly magical! (Pictures coming soon.)

Last night the circus was in town so we ventured to it. Once in the grandstands I said to Christi, “The last time I went to a circus, I was locked inside an elevator for an hour and a half with a very special person before I could get out and go to the circus.” She didn’t miss a beat. She responded, “Me too.” (How could one forget the time we got stuck in the elevator at the Ronald McDonald House when we lived in NYC back in March of 2003.) Regardless, the circus was cute and the girls absolutely loved it.

Tomorrow we will overnight with Aunt Marty so that we’re closer to the Columbus airport. (Our flight to Philadelphia is very early on Monday morning.) My next update will be from Philly. God bless you and thanks for checking in!

2 Comments:

At 15/7/06 3:04 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I love more than words can express reading updates like this one. Of the joyous summer days that Christi is spending with her sister and her dear friends.

That makes me smile and brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Have a safe journey to Philly, may this next chemo attempt knock down her disease some while not being too tough on her! She's a fighter!

GO CHRISTI GO!! I'm praying and "shaking my pom poms for you!!"

Lots of love and tons of prayers,
Heather

 
At 16/7/06 2:23 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

I know this is late...but I was THRILLED when I got a text message at camp from my mom saying that Christi's platelets were up enough to be approved for fenritnide. Woo hoo! Go Christi!

I'm glad that things are going pretty well. Praying for safe travels on your trip to Philly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home