Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Barnyard


Christi's suffering has accelerated over the past 24 hours. Tonight she broke through what could be held back by motrin. I had to turn to dilaudid. This coming week is shaping up to be a challenging one. Will her pain allow her to travel comfortably? Does Doctor Maris have another rabbit in his hat? Angela and I fretted over whether we should wake her and give her pain medicine (we should have and didn't) which was just a proxy for all the decison we will need to make. Having watched so many cancer parents go through this before us has not cleared the path for us it has only served to enhance our dread of what probably lies ahead. There is no way around, we must just go over the rocky trail ahead.

As Christi writhed in pain tonight lying between us, my thoughts were on my failure to properly anticipate her pain and subsequent medication needs. A wave of guilt washed over me as I realized that I was wallowing in self pity while she suffered. Wednesday night we went to see the animated movie Barnyard with my dad. The patriach in the show proclaims that "As long as I am still kicking NO ONE will get harmed inside this fence". Powerful in the movies, yet far from what we can achive outside hollywood. Many of you Christi fans have been with us through the ups and downs of the past four years. Thank you for your support, we wish we could deliver a happy hollywood ending, however, we did not write this script. The Thomas Team members are but supporting actors. We will continue to stand our ground and not back down-we have a lot fight left -I am just not sure of how much time.

Shayne

5 Comments:

At 26/8/06 8:02 AM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Shayne and Angela...

Your joys are my joys...
Your fears are my fears...
Your hope is my hope...

...as you walk the rocky road, this journey...I walk with you. Holding you ever so close to my heart...God's peace be yours today.

much love, sylvia

 
At 26/8/06 12:31 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Dearest Shayne and Angela,

I'm just so sorry, there are no words today. Just my tears for and with you and for precious Christi.

I'll be praying that her pain be well controlled and for wisdom for you and Dr. Maris as you continue on this rocky road.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers daily!

I love you all!!

Love and prayers for always,
Heather

 
At 26/8/06 5:01 PM, Blogger Candy said...

Standing that ground with you.

 
At 26/8/06 7:36 PM, Blogger My Random Ramblings: said...

I'm so sorry to hear the latest news. Praying for guidance for the journey ahead..

 
At 27/8/06 12:49 PM, Blogger Goodies for Mom said...

Praying for Christi and your whole family.

Lois (Friends of Allie)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home