Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Twas the Night Before School Starts


After story time tonight, the girls were tucked in bed. Prior to this, Christi shared with us a little poem she wrote last night when she stayed at Grandma Nonee and Paw Paw’s house. It’s so “Christi”. (This gal can’t wait for school to start and with the headaches and neck pain that have started and are requiring some pain meds, I’m so glad she’ll be able to attend her first day of fifth grade in the morning! It is a true blessing!)

“Twas the Night Before School Starts”
by Christi Thomas

Twas the night before school starts
And all through out back
Nothing was stirring except for the cat.

A rabbit was sleeping his eyes shut tight
Waiting, just waiting, in the darkness of night.
Buttercup was sleeping at the top of my bed
While visions of friends danced in my head.

I lie in my bed, awake wondering
How long time could take.

I thought about everything from apples to zebras
So I decided to see what time it was.

“Gee 10:00!” I said with a shout.
I again closed my eyes, my mind raced about.

Then I thought of my teacher her smile would shine
I thought of her quick, in fact, just in time.

Then I thought of my desk, all nice and neat
Soon I finally fell asleep.

6 Comments:

At 21/8/06 9:03 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Sweet dreams Miss Christi
Your poem is so cool
I am like you...
I really liked school!

I would go back
but I'd have to be bold
For you see, unfortunately,
I know I'm too old.

So when you wake up tomorrow
after a night of good rest,
have fun on your first day,
and of course, do your best.

 
At 21/8/06 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best poem I have ever read! Christi I hope you enjoy your school year!

 
At 21/8/06 10:40 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Wishing you all a very special, very wonderful first day of school.

 
At 22/8/06 4:00 AM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Christi, you are artistic all the way around! Great poem! I have been praying through the night that the headache and neck pain will not interfere with your most exciting day.

Shayla, I hope you have a wonderful day also! love, sylvia xoxo

 
At 22/8/06 5:44 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Have a GREAT First Day of school girls!!!

Love your poem Christi and I love, love, love the masterpieces the girls painted!! Gorgeous both of them.

I'm sorry to hear that Christi is experincing some pain.

Lots of love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 22/8/06 9:23 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Gee Christi, that is SUCH a great poem! You are so artistic and I am very jealous!! I hope you are having a great first day of 5th grade.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home