Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Blood Counts In

OOOh, Pardon my typing, I'm still shaking. Earlier I called the hospital to learn of Christi's blood counts results and unfortunately her platelets have fallen by "ten" again. This week down to 70. (80 last week, 88 the week before, 96 the week before, yikes) When there is disease in the bone marrow it can become crowded with the neroblastoma cells and then the platlets get squeezed out as the cancer takes over. Dr. Maris told me they'd watch her counts closely and that is one to watch. I shook hard for 45 more minutes until the LDH was ready. I feared that they just weren't telling me because the number was so high, but it wasn't that bad. It's up from last week to 264 and not at all the direction we need it to go, but it could have been much worse. Thank you, Lord. I am now trying to take deep breaths and calm myself down. Prayer Request: That Christi's platelet count rises next week and her LDH level falls. She starts the (many) horse pills again Wednesday morning (Fenretnide).

It was sad to say goodbye to our little friends this morning. Thanks to Sarah's mom for taking her back to Findlay for me since we are heading in the opposite direction and congratulations to Bradlee's family on the birth of their new precious baby. (The girls and I went to visit in the hospital this morning and he's so amazing. I must admit I wanted one!) May God bless Cal with good health and much happiness. ENJOY this precious bundle of love sent from Heaven!

4 Comments:

At 2/8/06 11:26 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

I'm so upset with the news of those platelets. You better believe I'm praying super hard for the platelets to go up and the LDH to go down.

I'm glad the girls have had a great few days with their friends. Summer will be over before we know it! When do you start school?

 
At 2/8/06 12:03 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm sorry to hear that her plalets are down, and that that LDH level is increased, but thankful that it isn't any higher than it was.

I'll be praying hard for her platlets to climb, climb, climb and for the LDH to drop, drop, drop!!

Much love and many prayers,
Heather

 
At 2/8/06 3:44 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

CLIMB COUNTS CLIMB....ON YOUR OWN...YOU CAN DO IT!!! I think we all need to VISUALIZE that happening...with our prayers storming heaven. BELIEVE!!!

love you Thomas Team! xoxo

 
At 3/8/06 10:58 AM, Blogger nikki the red said...

praying my hardest for our fighter!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home