Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Gruesome

I don't know how else to sum up today's events in Philly. Today was (so far) the worst day of my life. I spoke with Shayne and Dr. Maris via conference call from my cell phone during my planning period and then called and spoke with Shayne again hours later during my lunch break to learn of the decision. Thankfully, my students take my mind away from what is really happening. My heart is breaking.

Platelets now down to 44. (Motrin decreases platelet production so she has been switched to Tylenol- with something in it, to help with her pain.) LDH up to an unbelievable 2300. She started a last ditch low dose chemo effort today. She'll still scan on Wednesday and I think they'll be home Thursday night. MSKCC in NYC's recommendation was very different ("ICE" for my chemo friends here), but Shayne and I decided to go with Dr. Maris's ligher recomendation instead to give her a better quality of life and I hope we don't live to regret it.

8 Comments:

At 28/8/06 4:47 PM, Blogger Brigid and Celie said...

We Love You, Thomas Team!

XOXO
Brigid and Celie

 
At 28/8/06 5:44 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Angela....have you had regret about any decision you have made so far through all of this? I don't think so...You have followed your heart and you have always done the right thing. Like I said before, if the earthly miracle is meant to be, it will happen no matter what you decide. Hug yourself for me....and as I told Shayne, don't be so hard on yourself. You are right, Christi's turn around yesterday was indeed an answer to prayer. And we will keep praying....never ceasing...ever.

LORD, HEAR OUR PRAYER!

love, sylvia

 
At 28/8/06 6:06 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm just so sorry, there are no words. I'll be praying for comfort for sweet Christi and for all of you. May God wrap His loving arms around you.

With love, prayers and many, many tears for and with you,
Heather

 
At 28/8/06 6:44 PM, Blogger nikki the red said...

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present not the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God, that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
~ Romans 8:38, 39

 
At 28/8/06 6:57 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Heavenly Father, please bless this wonderful family as they face whatever challenges lie ahead. Please bless Sweet Chrisi, who has taught so much to so many! Please surround them with a blanket of love, peace and warmth.

 
At 28/8/06 8:34 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Just letting you know that Christi and all of you are in my thoughts and prayers constantly.

I love you all.

With love and prayers for always,
Heather

 
At 28/8/06 9:39 PM, Blogger brooke said...

Hi Thomas team,
Just a quick sending you my prayers.

-Brooke, Logan, UT

 
At 28/8/06 9:55 PM, Blogger Jan R. said...

Angela & Shayne,
My heart is breaking as I read tonight's post...

I pray everynight for your sweet daughter and hope that God grants her the Miracle we all would love for her to have...

With lots of love and lots of prayers headed your way from California,

A faithful prayer warrior
Jan & Allen Rosen
& Family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home