Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

You Are About to Witness a Miracle

OK, so I really doubt that, but it's fun to think about! Can you tell by my lighthearted mood how drastically things have changed over recent hours? It was like Shelby's call this afternoon brought her back to life!! Truth be told, I half expected her not to be alive at the day's end they way things were looking. At one point when Shayne and I were upstairs whispering and trying to make big decisions I said to him, "It wouldn't surprise me to walk downstairs and find that she died on the couch without saying a word." Dear Prayer Warriors you've had a busy day; thank you! This has been miraculous in our minds!

The Thomas Team's Model Magic Creations

Christi has not taken any dilaudid since morning and the Motrin once again seems to be holding her pain. It's like Christi's back! Of course the worst of times have been during the night so we'll see what tonight brings, especially during the nine hour drive across Ohio and Pennsylvania. We actually discussed if they should head out tonight or if she could enjoy a day of school tomorrow because of how well she felt. Reality says these past glorious hours where we played a family game of "Risk", video games and enjoyed making model magic concoctions, are not going to last so it's most likely wise to go ahead and make the jaunt tonight while she's sleeping in the back. I guess if things go well they can enjoy the zoo after getting blood counts and consulting with Dr. Maris at the hospital tomorrow and if she's having tremendous pain again, she's already there for help and Shayne can try to catch up on the night of sleep he'll miss in their waiting rooms. (She's even feeling so well I actually packed their swimsuits and their Cedar Point passes which provide free admission to Dorney Park in Allentown. Ya never know! God is good and I'm full of hope!)

Regardless, I will sleep better tonight than I have all week because she's currently without pain and I wanted to share this glorious and blessed news with you as you've been so kind to pray for her- and all of us. THANK YOU!

And really, speaking of miracles, I think she's already been granted one. How else could she still be here after four straight years of: chemo therapy (41 rounds: high and low doses) radiation (weeks of internal and external high dosages) surgeries (big and small) Accutane, antibodies (humanized and mouse) and other experimental trials. We are so blessed. This week will be a challenging one, and most likely Christi's pain will return very soon. Thank you for lifting her up in prayer and we also ask for Dr. Maris's wisdom and guidance as we try to do what's best for Christi.

Christi & Vanilla: I snapped this moments before they left about 10PM. If all goes well, they should be pulling into CHOP about 7AM. (CHOP friends: Shayne will be the one sleeping in the waiting room, hee hee. Take care of Christi for me, please and buy Shayne a cup of coffee.)

5 Comments:

At 27/8/06 9:50 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

And I will sleep better tonight after reading this! I am so thankful that you've had a few hours of joy with your beautiful Christi. (I'm really loving those creations!) I'll be sure not to read any updates until I'm done with classes tomorrow for fear of news of more pain...that will definitely distract me from listening to lectures. Praying for that pain to stay far far away from Christi.

When I arrived back here at school today I talked to my RA about an Alex's Lemonade Stand & Pop Tab collection....we're working on it!!

 
At 27/8/06 10:04 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Praise God to whom all blessings flow! I even see the spark back in Christi's eyes in the picture with Vanilla.

Praying through the night. Get some shut eye. - (NOT YOU SHAYNE!)... love, sylvia xoxo

 
At 27/8/06 10:05 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

me again...I'm ready to get them and bring them to Dorney! : )

 
At 27/8/06 11:18 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

It would take more than just my fingers and toes to count the number of times I've been amazed at Christi's strength and ability to keep fighting. I am elated to hear that she's feeling well and also glad that maybe the blanket I made her is giving a little comfort. :)

And Christi's Sponge Bob is too cute!

Safe travels to Christi and Shayne and prayers for more treatment options.

 
At 28/8/06 4:55 AM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Have been praying all night for the continued miracle...will wait to hear of their safe arrival and comfortable travel. xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home