Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Shayla











Our deepest thanks to Sharyn and Dave Kerschner for taking care of Shayla the past two days. As you can tell from the pics, she had a great time (Aquarium, the Shore, Dog and more). It's going to be hard to send her home tomorrow. (Did I mention tomorrow is 9/11?)

Yesterday Dr. Maris said it's too early to begin talk about trying to transition Christi home. Her case is so complex and what had been changing by the day suddenly turned to changing by the hour and now by the minute.

Tomorrow we'll see what her CT scan looks like. If the radiation hasn't done anything to hault the rapid disease progression we will not continue with the skull treatments. We'll also take a look at her LDH and her pain (which sadly continues). Did I mention how much hate this disease and how much she is suffering?!

4 Comments:

At 10/9/06 5:20 PM, Blogger O'Malley said...

Angela & Shane,

Bless you for taking the time to update us. We all care so much and feel just so very helpless. Just know that we all continue to pray for Christi and your entire family. I wish I were closer. I would buy a round trip ticket to keep sweet Shayla company. Praying for no pain for Christi, peace and comfort for Christi and yourselves , and a safe trip for Shayla.

Blessings,
Shannon in TN

 
At 10/9/06 5:33 PM, Blogger The Nielsen's said...

I'm a stranger to you from Florida, but I just learned of Christi today. My heart goes out to her, you and your family!

 
At 10/9/06 6:29 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Dear friends,

I love seeing those pictures of Shayla. She looks like she's having a grand time. I'll be praying for her to have a smooth flight tomorrow.

I'm so, so sorry to hear that Christi is continuing to have pain. I hate this disease too and my heart is so sad for and with you.

I'll be praying for some good pain control and for God's peace to give all of you comfort.

Christi is an amazing little gal, she's taught all of us much. I love you all dearly.

With love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 10/9/06 6:31 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Shayla is so beautiful, and an amazing little sister to Christi. You should be proud. I'm sure she will be fine tomorrow flying home. I'll keep her in my prayers for safe travels. Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home