Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Black Cat Sisters

Shayla, a black cat, fall 2006 (age 7)
Christi, a black cat, fall 2004 (age 7)

After church yesterday, we headed down to Columbus where we met our sweet COSI friends at the "Boo at the Zoo". “Wouldn’t it be funny if the kangaroos actually jumped over the fence and hopped right past us?” Shayla said once she realized we were IN the exhibit with no fences separating us. Sure enough, that’s exactly what they did as we stood there with our mouths opened! With our museum friends’ amazing connections we were blessed with an extra special hour long treat – our very own ‘behind the scenes” tour with an awesome “zookeeper”!! At dinner, Shayla said that was her best part of the trip. Thanks, Traci & Jenn for a glorious (and downright silly) day! We love you!

I took another big step today. Even though it was hard, because the memories are so fresh, we finished reading all of Christi’s Judy Moody books to Shayla. (These were the last books Christi enjoyed; the once purchased at the B&N in Philly which we read to her in the hospital last month.) Just like Christi would have, Shayla wanted to hear more so after I took her to school this morning and ran some errands I went to the public library. While I had been to the library before, it was only to the adult section where Christi rarely went. Today in the Jr. Section, which Christi loved so much, I tried to just find Shayla’s new books and head out, but I couldn’t help but look around and think of Christi’s favorite sections and how I longed to check out a few items for her as well. I always loved it when she claimed I brought her “the perfect book”. (What a charmer!) At the counter, I paid her big whopping 39 cent fine and had to chuckle thinking she was saying, “Gotcha!”. (I located her overdue library book on top of her bed with a few stuffed animals on top of it yet, typical Christi! Gotta love the little book worm with books going in every room of the house!)

Happy Birthday to my dear sister!!

4 Comments:

At 30/10/06 4:19 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

WOW - I always thought your girls' looked alike but I am blown away by the similarity in those two photos - how amazing ... those eyes go right to their souls! What beautiful girls you have Angela and Shayne! Thanks for sharing those! I am glad you still stay in contact with SO many people that were special in Christi's life ... she touched SO many people ... and those kangaroos jumping must have been mind-blowing (not something you see often!) I am glad to hear you took yet another difficult step by going to the library and I laughed out loud at the thought of 39 cents (Way to go Christi!) I know she has the largest book collection in Heaven ... I remain a FAITHFUL visitor and prayer warrior!

Love from my family to yours!

Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 
At 30/10/06 4:24 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Shayla was such a cute black cat! Your day with Jenn & Traci looks like it was so much fun. How cool to be in the exhibit like that!!

 
At 30/10/06 7:53 PM, Blogger nikki the red said...

yea for traci weaver! she's such a wonderful girl!

shayla makes a lovely kitty!

 
At 1/11/06 1:43 PM, Blogger Land family said...

What a beautiful picture of Shayla. I'm sure her big sis is proud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home