Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

One Month Ago


Interesting to us, a sweet Prayer Warrior made note of the fact that Christi died at 9 a.m. on 9/19 at the tender age of 9. Did Christi plan this? I wouldn't put it past the little jokester! It's hard to believe today marks the one month anniversary of her passing back to the Lord. We miss her more than ever!

Yesterday the beautiful, talented and sweet Miss America 2006 emailed her sympathy and attached this picture taken outside of CHOP. Jennifer Berry is a ballet dancer and she talked with "our little Miss America" about ballet. I let her know that Christi's pointe shoes were in her coffin because she is now dancing in Heaven.

A compassionate group called Code Blue sent us an awesome gift of the following framed poem. Additionally, it contains one of my favorite photos of Christi taken about one week before diagnosis at the bottom of the staircase to Heaven and a second picture of her cute little bald headed is inserted at the top in the clouds. Although it actually makes me sob because it is so true, here’s the beautiful poem that’s on the frame.

“Words from an Angel”

I have not turned my back on you,
So there is no need to cry.
I’m watching you from heaven,
Just beyond the morning sky.
I’ve seen you almost fall apart
When you could barely stand.
I asked the Lord to comfort you,
And watched Him take your hand.
He told me you are in more pain,
Than I could ever be.
He wiped his eyes and swallowed hard,
Then gave your hand to me.
Although you may not feel my hand
Or see me by your side
I’ve whispered that I love you
While I wiped each tear you cried,
So please try not to ache for me
We’ll meet again one day
Beyond the dark and stormy sky
A rainbow lights the way.

Forever alive and cherished in our hearts,
The Code Blue Family

This balloon release took place a month ago for Christi - in Texas! (So sweet! THANK YOU!)

16 Comments:

At 19/10/06 12:54 AM, Blogger Frapper said...

It's so nice and such a wonderful comment on how Christi lived her life that you continue to receive letters and remembrances from all those who loved her also. My prayers remain with your family, and especially so as you remember her journey to Heaven a month ago.

 
At 19/10/06 1:01 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I continue to pray for strength for you.

 
At 19/10/06 1:19 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Can't believe it has been a month. Love & miss your sweet Christi.

Love, Jennifer

 
At 19/10/06 3:40 AM, Blogger Eugenia said...

What a beautiful, yet heartbreaking poem. These Christi memories break my heart, but at the same time I'm so grateful when you share them. They always point out to me the things that are important in life.

 
At 19/10/06 7:51 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Thinking of you all today and everyday, but especially today as one month has passed since Christi went to the Lord.

Praying for you always! The poem is beautiful. I'm sure that frame and picture will be forever treasured by you.

Lots of love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 19/10/06 8:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love it all. But the picture of Shane and Christi especially touched me.

You are still in my thoughts and prayers. I cannot even imagine what you must be going through.

Love, Kate

 
At 19/10/06 8:05 AM, Blogger Noah's Mommy said...

While I don't post everytime, I check on your family daily. I remember well those early anniversary dates...counting the days, the weeks, the months since your sweet baby returned to heaven. As my own anniversary dates approach, my heart is especially heavy for you. The four of you remain in my constant prayers.

God bless,

 
At 19/10/06 8:15 AM, Blogger Robin said...

My thoughts are with you all. I thnk of Christi all the time.

Robin Brunet, Bradford, Ontario Canada

 
At 19/10/06 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is with you and she will always be!

Lots of love,
Misty

 
At 19/10/06 12:36 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Still sending you all prayers for strength and peace! I think of Sweet Christi daily!

Kim

 
At 19/10/06 2:12 PM, Blogger Kaivalya said...

Sweet Angel Christi is in my thoughts and prayers daily, as are all of you. I can't imagine how painful this anniversary must be for you. Take care and God Bless.

Love, Kai

 
At 19/10/06 5:24 PM, Blogger Kait said...

Holding you all in my heart today and always. Sending you all my love and prayers..... Miss you sweet Christi.

 
At 19/10/06 5:57 PM, Blogger NB Warrior said...

I think of Christi every day and I can't believe it's already been a month. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Thomas team. We love you all.

The Ugarte Family
Michelle, David, Isabella and little David

 
At 23/10/06 3:06 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Thinking of you today as I do everyday ... praying for strength and some "good days" ahead ... I am sure Halloween will be a solemn one ... oh that beautiful Christi smile and aura - even in so much pain her lovely personality shined! Please know I check on you daily and wish this was all just a dream for you all ... God Bless you as you travel this road of uncertainty ...

Love from my family to yours!
Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
Mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 
At 24/10/06 7:28 PM, Blogger monicac2 said...

That picture of Christi and Shayne is just heart wrenching - so filled with emotions (especially, love).

You are in my continued prayers.

God bless,

 
At 4/11/06 1:34 AM, Blogger kyle_benjamin said...

HI my name is Maria and i just wanted to say that i'm sorry for the lost.
Feel free to send me a message on myspace or you can feel free to see my son on www.kylebenjamin.blogspot.com
there nothing wrong with my son i just wanted to say that i'm sorry for your lost.
This might sound strange to ya but i feel that God wants me to pray for all the kids who has cancer and become there friend i hope you are welling to be my friend or something like that. i'll keep you in my prayers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home