Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Advertiser-Tribune News Coverage


As one can note by the time, I'm up not able to sleep. After finishing, "The Twits" which Shayla loved, we talked about Christi for at least 40 minutes last night. Shayla was so sweet and candid in all of her comments about her sister as we laughed and cried together: "She could remember anything mom. When I couldn't remember I'd ask her to and then a long time later she'd tell me when I asked her." Precious!

I'm thankful Shayla and Shayne are alseep. Shayne is on our couch cuddled up with Buckeye who only said, "Meow," when I said, "What are you doing?" I told Buckeye I was going to check the Advertiser Tribune's website to see if they had any news about Heidelberg's event yesterday and I am so pleased they have a colored photo and little article listed. Don't you love a small town?! Here is the picture and the link: http://www.advertiser-tribune.com/News/articles.asp?articleID=4182

Last night I added a few more pics to the bottom of the entry I posted earlier about the celebration and Dr. Corley sent me some photos too. I'll paste a couple here. It was a glorious day!

Shayne, Shayla and I spent the entire evening opening thoughtful sympathy cards as over a thousand have been received. We continue to be moved by the kindness and compassion so lovingly bestowed upon our family. Please accept our deepest thanks!
Many "Alex & the Amazing Lemonade Stand" book orders were placed yesterday. I'll willing to bet when these sweet students have classrooms of their own they will be organizing lemonade stands at their schools. I just wish Christi would have been around to autograph them as she loved to do - Christi, always with hearts over both the "i's".
Thank you, future teachers!

6 Comments:

At 6/10/06 7:08 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I'm glad that you and Shayla had a nice conversation about Christi! We have a copy of "Alex and the Amazing Lemonade Stand" - what a beautiful story! I didn't realize that the other little girl represented Christi!

I'll bet that Alex and Christi are holding the biggest, most amazing lemonade stand in Heaven!

With continued prayers -

Kim

 
At 6/10/06 8:59 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Good Morning Thomas Team ... I am sorry you aren't able to sleep but thankful that you are able to write on this blog ... the talk you had with Shayla tonight sounds like it was good for both of you ... My heart aches for all of you but I truly am heartbroken for Shayla's loss ... please tell her SO many of us think about her daily ... thank you again for sharing the stories with us ... God Bless you and have a "good" day ...

Love from my family to yours!

Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 
At 6/10/06 12:12 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

What a beautiful celebration. I so wish I could have made it, but those darn classes get in the way! (hehe) I did ask my friend Nick to send my love though.

SO sweet of you to give Christi's stuffed animals to her friends. I'm sure they will FOREVER be treasured!

Going to try Cedar Point this weekend for the Halloweekends...wishing so much Christi could be there too. Although, I hope she'll be sending me some bravery to go through the haunted houses! (I hate those things!)

Love, Jennifer

 
At 6/10/06 12:12 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

What a beautiful celebration. I so wish I could have made it, but those darn classes get in the way! (hehe) I did ask my friend Nick to send my love though.

SO sweet of you to give Christi's stuffed animals to her friends. I'm sure they will FOREVER be treasured!

Going to try Cedar Point this weekend for the Halloweekends...wishing so much Christi could be there too. Although, I hope she'll be sending me some bravery to go through the haunted houses! (I hate those things!)

Love, Jennifer

 
At 6/10/06 12:56 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Dear Friends,

I'm so glad that Shayla and you were able to talk about Christi and share some laughs about her.

May the days that come bring memories that are sweet, to soothe your souls.

May God continue to wrap you in His love.

With all my love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 6/10/06 2:44 PM, Blogger Tonya Talley, Maryland said...

Angela,

I have been following Christi Page for 4 years now and it is just habit to come on an look at it if you have posted anything new. Where can I get a copy of Christi's book she wrote? I would love for my two girls to read it. I have a daughter that is 8 days younger that Christi. She has been following this with me aslo and she is reader and loves it. If you can let me know where I can get it from. People in Maryland are praying for you and Shayne, and Little Shayla.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home