Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

More Holiday Pics & "Today" in Text

Typical, I relied upon my mom and therefore left my camera at home so that Shayne could take Shayla's pictures while I was on the cruise. Today my mom sent the pictures from her camera so I'm sharing them here.
Check out the sky as we were embarking upon our trip. Mom got my attention, but when I was blinking away tears she knew I already saw it and felt like it was Christi wishing us a great trip. (Knowing how much CT would have loved to have been with us was hard!)
Happy Cruisers!
Kissing our sweet mom!
Pointing at an incredibly large sting ray at a gorgeous hotel ("The Atlantis") in Nassau.
Hanging out on deck!
Determining the game plan!


Today I gathered up all of Christi's jeans to give to one of her fellow "lean and lanky" friends (smile). Christi just discovered wearing jeans about a year ago and from then one it was like they were her staple! After packing the six pairs up and calling our friends, who were grateful, I decided to keep just one pair. I hold them up and can't believe how tiny they are. Christi seems so much bigger than that. It's odd to see Shayla dressed in Christi's tops every day, but I'm so glad she's able to get great use out of Christi's toys and clothing. We are blessed!

Today
I took Christi's pink sweatshirt jacket, embroidered with a "C", to one of her very best friends (Cami). Another best friend (Sarah) gave me the wonderful poem she read during the funeral Mass. She had it framed and matted, very touching! (One day soon I'll share the four poems those amazing little girls read in a very packed church.) One my way to meet the girls and their moms, I found myself in a hysterical fit of tears. I pulled over at St. Joe's church sobbed, prayed, then called Shayne and said, "I don't think I can go." He felt that I should go, so I did and I'm very grateful I did! (I actually see Christi in those precious daughters who were so sweet to me. The "Chatty Cathy's" made her laugh and feel so happy and normal. And when THEY KNEW what Christi was going to be for Halloween, I was stunned!! I thought I was the only one to know about her silly costume idea.)

Today after school I went and met with my wonderful sub, Mr. Jones to begin to get updated. I'll be heading back in about two weeks. If I could just get up to my classroom without having to see Christi's I think I'd be ok. Hmmmmm.

Today I "cashed in" thousands of Christi's frequent flyer miles. Since there was no way to use them for flights, or to transfer them to Shayla's account without hefty fees, I figured out how to order magazine subscriptions so the Ronald McDonald Houses in New York City and in Philadelphia will soon be receiving some year long magazine subscriptions! Shayne and I both found light reading to be a helpful way to pass the time when we really couldn't concentrating on anything of great substance. I hope "Christi's gift" will help other kids and parents staying in those wonderful "homes" too! Take care!!

7 Comments:

At 26/10/06 9:08 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Baby steps Angela...yes, taking those baby steps. I just know that Christi is with you every step of the way...she will be with you as you pass her classroom on the way to yours when you are ready. I am sure that Shayla is just feeling so wrapped in Christi's love wearing her clothing. And yes, how blessed you are with that dear husband of yours to give you that little extra nudge to keep going. Christi was such a blessing to her friends...I can guarantee that she continues to bless them as they in turn have such love in their hearts to embrace you. And how blessed the children and parents will be at the Ronalds through your generous gift of sharing one of Christi's most favorite pass times...reading! Sending more hugs your way...

love, Sylvia

 
At 26/10/06 9:27 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

My Dear Angela,

Your courage, kindness and compassion amaze me. I'm sure the kids and parents and the Ronald Houses will love the Christi gift of magizines. What a kind and loving thing to do.

May God wrap His loving arms around you and may you feel His Peace in a very real way.

With all my love and prayers- rememebering and loving Christi always,
Heather

 
At 26/10/06 9:51 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I am sitting in the Ronald McDonald house in Philly as I read your update and cry my eyes out. I can only assume that Christi's spirit is in this house and warming the hearts of the children and parents. When I am here i cant help but think about her and i have had many conversations with other parents about how much she is missed here, about how much you are all missed! I am sure you are still very numb and have so much healing to do but i am glad to hear you are moving forward. Thanks for checking in on Eden and for your comforting words about the new treatment.

All our love,

Lisa Adams www.edemadams.com

 
At 26/10/06 11:16 PM, Blogger Teri said...

Tonight I came across your myspace and this blog. God bless you. I've spent probably an hour with your family here and the love is so strong, so pure. I'm in tears as I wish you strength and many good memories. Christi is blessed to have you as her parents.

 
At 27/10/06 8:35 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Dear Angela and the Thomas Team ... Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures from your trip - it looks like you had a nice time and though Christi would have LOVED it she was obviously with you after seeing the picture of the glorious clouds in the sky and the stairway to heaven! My goodness she must be having a blast painting our skies with her artwork everyday! She always made the most beautiful pictures! I am happy top read you are visiting CT's wonderful friends ... I am sure in time they will bring you immense comfort even though right now I am sure it is beyond difficult! Please know we still visit daily just to see Christi's beautiful face and rad the funny moments! God certainly gained an amazing Angel!

Love from my family to yours!

Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 
At 27/10/06 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog just a few weeks ago, and I haven't been able to turn away from it, and have been checking for updates daily. I've gotten caught up on her heartbreaking story, and I think of you all often. I cannot even begin to imagine how much you miss her and ache for her. I wish there was something I could do.

I really enjoyed the pictures of your cruise, and I'm so glad that you were able to go and get some relaxation that I'm sure you have desperately needed. I admire you for being able to part with Christi's things, not many people would have been able to do it. But it was the right thing to do; you are so much stronger than you give yourself credit for, I can tell. The magazine subscriptions were a wonderful, thoughtful idea!

 
At 27/10/06 9:43 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I just wanted to let you know that you are still in my thoughts and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home