Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Signs?? Signs!! Signs??

(Eric, please add my camera phone pic I took today if you can. THANKS!)

If you've been reading, you know I've been anxiously waiting any "signs" Christi may possibly be sending me- letting me know she's still with me. This morning while doing some computer work the phone rang twice and no one was there. I didn't think anything of it.

On my way down to meet with one of my OSU Professors this afternoon, I was listening to a CD where parents are sharing things that have happened after their children have died and of their encounters with this certain "mediator". (OK, now I really know what you're thinking - Angela has lost it now! Well, you may very well be right, but......) One mother mentioned that her phone rings and no one is there and she believes its her son. Sooooooooooooo, I began to talk with Christi (again) and I told her that I really need a sign. "If your sign for me was the phone ringing this morning and I missed it was you please do a bigger sign for me."

Just a short while later I noticed a jet stream cross in the sky - just like she noticed over our house after her first Holy Communion in 2004 when she pointed it out and said something like, "I wonder if that's Grandpa Vince" watching over us. So, now I'm freaked out and I joked with Christi, "If that was you, it wasn't enough. You don't do anything average. I need more." Soon I noticed the sky again and there was a second cross, made out of jet airstreams which formed beside it and I laughed, "That's much more Christi like." Then - I really felt like it was her - A THIRD CROSS was formed in the sky as the jet streams crossed high above the first two crosses. I immediately pulled over and snapped a picture to capture what I believe was my sign from Christi. (Or just to let everyone know it's true, I'm a freak! Smile.)

Tonight, driving back home I was pretty upset. I started talking to Christi. Soon a baby fawn jumped out in front of me and I had to say, "Christi if there was you, telling me not to cry, don't do something dangerous next time. Stick with the crosses in the sky." I'll keep looking up!

And while I'm talking "signs" I must share this email which we received tonight and which gives us tremendous comfort knowing our little Angel may very well be continuing her earth work of comforting little kids!! Read on (I'm only going to change the name of the child.)

I had to share a story my sister told me the other day. Her daughter has neuroblastoma and is only 3 so her vocabulary is limited. She woke the other morning and told my sister, "Mommy I dreamed about a ballerina." My sister said, "What did she say?" Emma replied, "Hi Emma," and that was the end of the conversation. My sister didn't even think Emma knew what the word "ballerina" meant because they have never read books about ballerinas nor does Emma take ballet. Well, later on that day my sister checked your website on which you had that beautiful photo of Christi in the ballet outfit in the clouds of heaven. Emma took one look at it and said, "Mommy that's the ballerina!" We all got goose bumps. Christi is certainly among us and among all the children suffering from this horrible disease.

BACKING UP:
Christi & Shayla: September 15, 2001 (Our Family Bike Ride in Honor of 9/11 Victims)

Sunday found us doing one of our old favorite activites with our long time partners in crime: Aunt Marty and Uncle Jeffy. It was very different just being "three" instead of "four" but it was good to get away for the afternoon. We took a bike ride along one of Ohio's wonderful "rails-to-trails". This was Shayla's first attempting at riding it on a bike and she did a great job at that. Her leisurely pace allowed us to enjoy a butterfly garden and the gorgeous campus of Kenyon College too.

17 Comments:

At 3/10/06 9:57 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Angela, I am so glad that Christi is sending you signs. You had such a close, loving relationship, that you know if there were any way possible she would let you know she is still with you. This IS Christi Thomas we are talking about after all - she did so much on earth just think of all she is capable of in Heaven!!

Keeping all of you in my thoughts prayers, Holly Hart

 
At 3/10/06 10:24 PM, Blogger ~*~Sam~*~ said...

I would like to say that I don't think ya are crazy about the cross thing. 'Cause I saw it today too while comming back from Perrysburg with my dad. But I dunno if ya saw this too(I may be cazy about this), but when I looked up I noticed what looked like a black streak connecting them and it got fainter as it went across the sky. But as it looked as if it was touching the ground it was more clearer and wat not...Idk..I may be crazy about the black streak in the sky..

~*~Sam~*~

 
At 3/10/06 10:26 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Oh my dear, dear Angela....by all means! YES! Continue to be open to the signs that Christi will be sending you. I so believe. I have received signs from those who have gone before me...let me know if I did not share the butterfly story with you. And the time soon after Ryan Connolly died and Meghan's counselor from the Christian camp the girls use to go to came for dinner...Ryan loved frogs...she asked me to open the gift...a frog wind chime! I said "Cheryl, you knew"....BUT GUESS WHAT....SHE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT RYAN'S LOVE FOR FROGS! And even more of a sign was that she said she had another wind chime in her hand and as she was paying for it she felt as if something was staring at her....she turned around and there was this frog on this wind chime looking at her, just begging her to get him....she said she took the other one back and bought the frog. And you'll have to ask Kim Mease about her phone ringing. Oh indeed...you see, Christi I am sure was very busy catching up with everyone ...and besides, if it happened right away you may have been too distraught to notice. I remember when the butterfly appeared in January I asked our wonderful Msgr. Murphy if he believed in things like that and he said, "oh yes, Sylvia. That is the Communion of Saints".
Love you much. Sweet dreams. Hug each other for me, okay? Good job on that trail with your bike Shayla! xoxox love, sylvia

 
At 3/10/06 10:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think you are losing it.
I know people do get signs from loved ones who have passed.

I have not gotten a sign from your Christi, but I think of her every single day and carry her with me.. and it feels like she isn't gone far.. like she's close by.

Just a feeling.

And I've taken up drawing.
I love it! I loved it as a kid.
And somewhere along the way lost it.. and reading your blog and seeing Christi's art brought that love back to me.

Although I'm not talented with drawing.. I do it to relax.. and always when I do it, I think of Christi.

I love your bike ride pic too.
Shayla must've been doing pretty good, it looks like she's leading the way.

Kate

 
At 3/10/06 11:48 PM, Blogger NB Warrior said...

Angela, just wanted to let you know that you are NOT loosing it! =) And I wanted to let you know that no one has forgotten about your little girl and we never will forget. She will forever be in our hearts. I'm glad to see that your family enjoyed the beautiful bike ride. That is a cute picture! ;-)

Michelle Ugarte
http://www.caringbridge.org/az/isabellaroseugarte/

 
At 4/10/06 12:44 AM, Blogger Frapper said...

I'm so glad that you received your special sign from Christi. I hope that she continues to let you know that she is still with you. My prayers for your family continue.

 
At 4/10/06 5:38 AM, Blogger joyful homemaker said...

I am so glad to hear about the signs from your daughter. I had to comment because you wrote about the butterfly garden and kenyon campus, well you were less than one minute from my home! Isn't it beautiful here? When you crossed the old bridges along the kokosing and 308, there is a building called the Brown family environmental center. That used to be a farm and is where I got my first kitten at 9 yrs old.
ps. as you rode through kenyon, you rode past the back yard of my aunt Donna. We lost her in January to ovarian cancer. I will continue to pray for your family

joyfull homemaker

 
At 4/10/06 6:02 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm so glad to hear that you got your "signs" from Christi. I totally believe that God loves us enough to allow us to have things like that happen to let us know our loved ones in Heaven are watching over us.

I love you all, and Shayla looks great on her bike!

Lots of love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 4/10/06 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say about this post is.........CHILLS AND GOOSEBUMPS!!


........and a big smile!

 
At 4/10/06 7:40 AM, Blogger JCInNC said...

Yes, I have no doubt these were signs from Christi letting you know she is with you, always! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers daily.

 
At 4/10/06 8:27 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

No doubt in my mind those signs were Christi! She is everywhere & I have to agree with Holly up there....this IS Christi we are talking about...what do you expect?!?

 
At 4/10/06 8:39 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I have no doubt that those were signs from Christi especially for you! I am so happy for you and hope that they brought a sense of peace and calm!

And your story gave me goosebumps as well! I have always believed that there are special angels that visit children who are in difficult situations to help them through. How amazing to know that Christi is one of those angels - still touching those of us on earth all the way from Heaven!

Love and hugs to the Thomas Team!

Kim

 
At 4/10/06 9:06 AM, Blogger Melinda Auld said...

wow! go christi! she is still with you, holding your hands and SOO like her, helping others. she is as special an angel as she was an amazing child on earth. she continues to touch us all still with her selflessness, her courage and her glorious sense of humour!

 
At 4/10/06 12:32 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Angela ~ Shayne ~ Shayla ~ Christi ... I am SO SO happy to hear that Christi finally settled in and sent you a much needed sign that she is up there watching over all of you and misses you as much as you miss her ... I was also glad to see some new pictures of you all on your bike ride ... good to see a smile on your faces but when I looked at Shayla I could see her missig Christi ... how proud her BIG SISTER is of her riding the trail on her bike all by herself ... WAY TO GO Shayla ... Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you all today as I do everyday ... finding myself going in rewind to see the pictures of Christi from December to now ... heartbreaking to know that as I re-read the journal I can't change the ending ... I am SO Sorry for the loss you are enduring ... PLEASE know my thoughts and daily prayers are with you always!

God Bless!

Love form my family to yours!

Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 
At 4/10/06 5:24 PM, Blogger Brigid and Celie said...

We wish we lived closer so we could give you big hugs and our Mommy could make a huge spaghetti and meatball dinner for you. We know Christi is with you all the time, forever. We Love You!

We hope you're having fun with all your friends, Shayla!

XOXOXO
Brigid and Celie

 
At 4/10/06 7:09 PM, Blogger nikki the red said...

that was a wonderful story little emma shared!!!

christi is my hero and my angel!

 
At 4/10/06 11:55 PM, Blogger Aimee Jackson said...

Thanks for sharing that lovely and inspirational story! Even in death Christi continues to touch many hearts and lives. I am looking forward to that photo! I hope Eric can get it posted. I have on a few occaisions been granted signs from those who left, but never anything as grand as you describe! I hope it brought you a little comfort and peace, even if just for a moment. That photo though is something you can treasure and look back upon later when you really need to feel her presence and know she is OK.

Much love,

Aimee, mom to Kendall and Zachary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home