Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Five Months Ago

Five months today, hmmmm, I just keep waiting for the morning when the fact that Christi’s dead won’t be THE FIRST thing I think of. We continue to keep busy which I think helps us cope; however, often it doesn’t seem like anything is getting any better. The memories are still raw and painful and I long to just hear her incredible giggle and see that beautiful smile she somehow always gave no matter how much pain she was in!

Christi & Buckeye - Feb. 20, 2006 (Buckeye now sleeps with Shayla every night, or I guess I should say ON Shayla. Shayla takes very good care of Christi's cats!)






Shayla and I are very glad to be heading back to school this morning since we only attended on Monday last week. This weekend we enjoyed getting together with Harriet and we also went skiing – cross country skiing (which was incredibly inexpensive at only $7.00 per person for all equipment and lovely trails) with some sweet friends. One of Christi’s best friends showed Shayla how to cross-country ski. Christi didn’t like cold weather and I don’t think she would have enjoyed skiing so that helped. And Sarah was wonderful with Shayla!

Yesterday we (OK, Shayne and Shayla I got a lot of school work completed sitting in the lodge) went downhill skiing. We are amazed at Shayla’s ability to catch on so quickly! She’s no longer on the bunny hill and has now graduated to the beginner’s hill! She is mastering it by storm!



They're Off!
The Thomas Two!
With daddy hot on her tail, there she goes!!



The Girl Scout cookie truck arrived, after being stuck in the blizzard, so now we are in the midst of delivering her cookies. (FUNNY: We had a box opened before we even drove away from her wonderful leader’s house! They really are delicious!)

We also went to the cemetery this weekend where I wanted to put out silk red roses for my father for Valentine’s Day and because red is my favorite color. I was only wearing tennis shoes and I had to climb through the snow! I could only imagine Christi laughing at me – especially when I went to pull out dad’s old flowers and I pulled the entire vase out of the holder!! With tears streaming down my face after seeing a bouquet of live (well, frozen actually) white carnations placed on Christi’s grave. I ran and jumped back to where Shayne and Shayla were waiting in the van.

I don’t say thank you as I’m always afraid I’ll accidentally overlook someone; however, this morning I must say TWO VERY SPECIAL THANK YOUS! One to ERIN N. in Seattle as the thank you note Shayla and I sent was returned and I realize I must not have her address. We were also delighted to receive “Science” magazines in the mail so we FINALLY saw the FU-NB-06 articles ourselves and I’m having one laminated Tuesday! Thank you to an amazing and special woman from the west coast!

We also visited with Shayne's Grandma and are happy she's doing much better!

2 Comments:

At 19/2/07 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you guys!!! I love the skiing pictures!!!!

 
At 20/2/07 7:07 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Thinking of you always and remembering Christi.

I'm just so sorry that she's not here in your arms.

I love you all.

Lots of love and prayers,
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home