Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hopping Down the Bunny Trail

Spring 2001 (Shayla 2 / Christi 3 1/2)

My spring quarter classes at Ohio State started this week so I've been very busy. Taking full time classes while trying to balance everything else will be quite challenging again for my third and final full time quarter, but I tell myself I have a little angel overhead to help me. God willing, I will have completed my doctoral residency on June 6th and I believe a celebration will be in order!

On Friday, we will share how to obtain tickets or how to make a donation for "Christi's Tea Party" which will have the "Alice & Wonderland" theme. I think it will be a lovely event for all! There will also be some wonderful prizes for the auction: COSI tickets, zoo tickets, ferry tickets to Put-in-Bay and (thanks Olivia) a Build a Bear gift card! We thank our big sponsor "Walmart" and so many others for their help and generosity.

Easter Morning, (Christi age 2 1/2)

REMINDER FOR CHILDREN:
The Christi Thomas Memorial Egg Hunt at Tiffin University will be held on Wednesday, at 4pm on the campus of Tiffin University.

(Shayla's Baptism, April 1999) Shayla is very excited about her upcoming First Holy Communion. If you'd like to attend, please email me and I can share the details of the celebration with you. Thanks!

While we no longer know many still in the fight for the lives with neuroblastoma, a few of our precious friends are nearing the end of their battles and will soon be making their journey back Home. Shayne and I would appreciate your prayers for these sweet families as they will soon go through a door that they will never be able to back out of. Our hearts break for them all.

4 Comments:

At 29/3/07 5:57 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

What darling pictures!!

I think a BIG celebration will be in order in June for you my sweet friend.

May God be with your precious friends and hold them close.

With Love and Prayers,
Heather

 
At 29/3/07 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read your last blog entry, i hope Shayla will have a great Firt Holy Communion i remember that i have been also very excited about it and it was wonderful :)

I'll put your precious friends and families up in my prays...

Hugs from germany

 
At 30/3/07 3:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(This is Tawny, my account won't let me post when i'm signed in. I keep receiving errors.)

Christi and Shayla look like such beautiful little easter cuties! I know you'll do great this semester, you have the most amazing guardian angel watching over you! I wish it were possible for me to attend "Christi's Tea Party" and I will try to but if i'm not able then I will certainly make a donation. I agree that it will be a lovely event for all! Angel Christi will certainly be there in spirit and will be smiling down on everyone on her
special day! Stay Strong!

I know Christi will be at the gates of heaven welcoming her precious angel friends into their new eternal home. It's so heartbreaking hearing of so many amazing fighters becoming angels. We need cures, NOW!

 
At 30/3/07 5:14 AM, Blogger Sarah Moran said...

Angela, the photo of you with Christi and Tweedle Dee/Dum?? is just beautiful, you look so happy on that photo and Christi looks like a little doll.

Sarah x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home