Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Orbs - Wild & Prayers for Penelope

Shayne and I were incredibly surprised to notice two very interesting "orbs" in our recent pictures. Out of all of the first Holy communion pictures, there is only one orb and as you can see, it is HUGE - and right on Shayla's dress! Interestingly noteworthy, this is when five children were lined up to say certain prayers - including "Today's mass is for Christi Thomas." Wild, eh?! I can't help but think Christi planned it. What a hoot

Out of all of the Heidelberg College Awards Ceremony pictures we took last week, there is only one orb and again - it is HUGE and perfectly placed. Dr. Armstrong, Chair of the Education Department, is presenting Christi's beloved babysitter - Sara, with one of the education department's highest honors. It's like Christi is hovering right over two very special people saying, "Go, Sara!" There weren't any orbs in any other other photos. Shayne and I were a bit "freaked out"!









Here are two pictures taken one year ago tonight. Unfortunately, I was in class and unable to attend Christi's one and only spring music program. She was so happy that her wonderful music teacher wanted to borrow "Daisy" - an old stuffed lion of Shayne's that the girls just love and I keep taking out to the garage because I don't want "that thing" in our house (smile). My mom snapped the pictures and I love them. It shows how happy the girls were as they carried "Daisy" to Shayne's truck.




Things are coming together unbelievably well for Christi's Tea Party to be held on Saturday, May 12th. If you'd like to attend, please let me urge you to get your tickets soon. Currently we only have 23 left. The "Proper Party" sweethearts have some fabulous surprises planned and this week we received some more generous donations for the auction items four water park passes to Great Wolf Lodge and two $25.00 gift certificates to Buffalo Wild Wings. We are so thankful and appreciative for all of the loving support! Here's the link to get tickets if you want to do so: http://www.active.com/donate/christi

I must share this awesome picture of one of my very best friends. I'm incredibly proud of her. She's been faithfully working on her Ph.D. for seven years and has experienced great adversity herself all along the way. She's a wonderful inspiration, role model and professor. I'm so blessed to call her friend and colleague! Congrats, Lori!!You'll be styling on your graduation day coming up very soon! Go, Buckeyes!

Tomorrow night I get to help with the Girl Scouts. They are going to a water park overnight because of all of the cookies they sold. Thank you for buying all of those cookies. While Shayla and I are looking forward to it, it's hard to be joyous when our hearts are so heavy. May I please ask for "Prayers for Penelope" today. Our little friend is nearing the end of her battle with neuroblastoma. Shayne speaks with her sweet dad each week and although I knew her pain had been horrendous for weeks I did not realize that she's allergic to morphine. Hospice has been involved with them at home for weeks and they are all trying to get her suffering under control, but it's been pure hell for all involved. Shayne and I still cannot shake the horrible memories of those last two painful weeks with Christi out of our minds, and our NY friends have been watching their daughter suffer for so much longer. Each night I ask Christi to be waiting for Penelope and to take her hand and take her to Jesus's lap. This disease is an evil beast. No one should be filled with pain and suffering and no parent should have to watch their child endure such agony. A cure must be found. I recently read that relapsed neuroblastoma only has a cure rate of 3%. That is unacceptable. Penelope's site is: http://www.caringbridge.org/ny/penelope

6 Comments:

At 26/4/07 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From where the orb is in that first picture, it almost looks as though Christi is holding Shayla's hand. :)

 
At 26/4/07 9:29 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I love those pictures!! That is so amazing.... I pray often and sometimes when I need to talk and feel like nobody can understand, I have long conversations with God and I always imagine Christi sitting at his feet surrounded by cute little fluffy animals. I honestly have no idea why that is the image I get but it always comforts me! I hate to watch anymore children taken from this world by the NB monster. A cure must be found and Christi is doing her part every day to make that happen.

All our love.

Lisa www.edenadams.com

 
At 26/4/07 9:33 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I shall continue to pray for sweet and precious Penelope. And you're right (of course)the cure rate for this disease is unacceptable and tragic.

Please know how very much I love you all and that I'm praying for you!

Lots of love and tons of prayers,
Heather

 
At 27/4/07 2:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely believe that Christi planned it! She makes her presence known in big ways and I think it's simply amazing. The girls look too cute carrying Daisy! I really wish I could be at Christi's Tea Party but I'll definitely be donating. I know it'll be amazing and I hope Christi makes her appearance known in a big way, Christi style! I've been keeping up with Penelope for many months now after looking at Christ's friends in her clubhouse from her main site. It's so heartbreaking that so many NB fighters aren't doing so well right now. We just need to continue praying and donating until the much needed cure is found. *Stay Strong!*

 
At 28/4/07 3:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it!!!! I knew Christy would come to Shayla's first Holy communion!!! I was sure, she wouldn't miss it, although she surely is a very busy Angel, she is always present in her loved ones lives =]

Love,
Oliwia

 
At 29/4/07 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever taken a close look at the photo of your Rally Across America friends (August 14, 2006)? Christi is seated at the piano and there are five orbs clearly visible above and around her. The brightest one is directly above her head.

When Jamie Randall's (Beebo) brother Charlie had his first birthday after Jamie had passed, his mother also noted a bright orb visible in one of the photos of Charlie's party.

I wonder if the orbs are particular to children who have passed? When one reads about the deaths of children, one finds reference to these lighted orbs in photographs. Certainly very provocative!

It appears that Christi is holding Shayla's hand and sharing the spotlight (if not providing it!) at the awards ceremony. I remember reading your entries from September, about how difficult, if not unlikely, it would be to establish Christi's cell line. Behold, a few months later, FU_NB_06, indeed was established successfully. Christi seemed to defy expectations in so many ways. It isn't at all strange that even after her passing, she continues to surprise, amaze, and awe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home