Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Shayne's Bday and 7th Month Anniversary

One short year ago: Cousins! (in rare form that night!)


HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the World’s Greatest Dad and Husband! Last year Christi and I were not able to celebrate the day with Shayne, but at least we could talk by telephone. Not only is Shayne’s birthday today, but the 7th month anniversary of her death is also today. Some days it seems like she was just here yesterday, others it seems like she’s been gone for years. Regardless, we miss her terribly yet remind ourselves to be thankful that we were able to be her parents for nine wonderful years!

If you would like to attend Christi’s Tea Party on May 12th, we urge you to please get your tickets soon. There are only 40 tickets left. Since the country club cannot accommodate more than 140 people, we will not be able to get you in once the tickets are gone. Many sweet auction items have been lovingly donated. New donations: a wine basket from Ralph’s Kitchen, compliments of Myers & Kerschner Law Firm and Cincinnati Zoo tickets. Our deepest thanks to Columbus’s Costume Holiday House for lovingly donating all of the Alice in Wonderland costumes that our sweet COSI friends will be wearing as they walk around and mingle with the children! Thanks, friends!

Tomorrow afternoon will be the Heidelberg College Awards Ceremony. The two $1,000 Christi Thomas Memorial Scholarships will be announced at that time and will be awarded. I’ll then be able to let you know who the winners are! I’ll also share some parts of some of the touching applications.

Here’s wishing you and yours a great day! Rejoice!

One short year ago - Christi running, romping around (and crashing) at the Ronald McDonald House. Oh how I miss that incredible place where hope lives!
Miss you, sweet Jan!! Remember what a little stinker Christi was that night so happy to be with her cousin and feeling great?! I don't know how we talked her into slowing down to get this picture snapped! Thanks for sending these to me!

6 Comments:

At 19/4/07 7:31 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

Dear Shayne,

I can't imagine how difficult today will be for you, but I wanted to wish you a happy birthday. I am sure Christi is celebrating your very special day and if anything funny should happen before the day is done, I'll bet she'll have played a role in it.
Happy Birthday, Shayne.

Dear Thomas Team,

As always, I am thinking of you and sending you much love. Not a day passes in which I do not think of Christi and her beautiful legacy.

Hugs,
Olivia

 
At 19/4/07 7:00 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Happy Birthday Shayne! I hope your day was a good one.

What gorgeous and precious pictures of Christi (I love that she has an OSU shirt on- I always knew she had good taste. :)

May God hold you close and give you peace!

Lots of love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 19/4/07 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Shayne! I find myself thinking that Christi specifically picked the 19th of September as the day she would gain her angel wings because of mommy and daddy's birthdays being November 19th and April 19th. I remember reading that the docs were pretty surprised her body kept working for longer than they thought it would and this is the reason why I think she held out longer. I believe that she wanted to forever have a monthly anniversary on her parents' birthdays. I wish that this didn't have to be the case and that Christi could physically be here to celebrate every birthday for each of her family members but I find it comoforting that she chose that day to become an angel. I also can't believe it's been 7 months now but her legacy is still living on and it will continue to, forever! *Stay Strong!*

 
At 20/4/07 7:42 PM, Blogger Pat in CA said...

Happy Belated Birthday Shayne!!!

I know what you mean about feeling that Christi has been gone forever vs yesterday.....you know what? YEARS down the road it's STILL going to feel like that!

Love & hugs,
Pat in CA

 
At 21/4/07 12:43 PM, Blogger Jan said...

Hi!

What a treasured memory that day is for both Larry and me!! Christi was full of imagination that day too. I remember you getting worried about her dragging her leg up the steps and her telling you that was how she would walk if she was dragging an animal(cougar or something) up the steps. We got to meet your wonderful sister, Tina, too and remember how Shelby ran up to us saying she was Christi when she saw the gift bags and the look of surprise on her face when she saw her own name on one of them...that look was priceless...LOL! Christi really didn't want to stop playing for long for pictures...hahaha. It was a WONDERFUL visit! All of our visits with you are memories we will ALWAYS treasure. Hopefully in the future we can make some new memories too.

Miss you all!
Love and Blessings,
Jan and Larry

 
At 21/4/07 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela and Shayne,
Happy birthday Shayne, I hope you were able to enjoy it even though I know your mind would be often elsewhere. It seems such a shock when you say Christi has been gone for 7 months, I know what you mean about it seeming not so long, and then a lot longer, it is awful for those left behind but how wonderful it is for her, an angel free from pain.
I couldn't see the photo's, don't know why, I clicked on them but they didn't open.
Take care,
Love Angela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home