Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Another Young Victim


Words cannot possibly express my sadness this morning as I just learned of yet another young victim of this horrible disease called neuroblastoma - Angel Kendall.

My heart breaks for this wonderful family we had the pleasure of treating with so many times while in Philadelphia. I'm so glad he was able to get out of the hospital and to church for Easter on Sunday. We lift Aimee, Neil, Grandma Nonee and Kendall's darling twin brother Zachary up at this time.

I continue to have more questions than answers. I had been asking Christi to be there to welcome Kendall home and now I ask God to comfort his family, especially his little twin brother. I just hope he remembers his brother; that was one of my fears when Christi was first diagnosed and Shayla was only three. Dr. Maris is studying the fact that twins seem to be hit with this disease and I have more questions than answers. Are they even close to a cure? Hardly! Will I see it in my lifetime? I really doubt it. May God give our friends strength and comfort now and forever.Fly, Kendall, Fly!! We love you and thank you for enriching our lives. We will NEVER forget you!

7 Comments:

At 12/4/07 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heaven is gaining many new angels this week - Kole and Kendall among them.

My prayer go to the families of these young ones. So many adjustments to make while always searching for answers.

We must all remember that our children are on loan to us and the good Lord has his reasons for calling them home.

Peace.

 
At 12/4/07 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please email me Kendall's Caringbridge site. I had been following this sweet boy for a while then lost it when I cleaned up my computer. I would like to sign his guestbook.

Thank you.

 
At 13/4/07 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was completely heart broken when I read on Kendall's page that he was about to go on hospice.. never expecting him to become an angel so soon. This disease is so horrible that it can progress so rapidly at any given time and it's so hard to control. Far too many amazing fighters continue gaining their angel wings all too often. I was completely stunned how quickly sweet Austin Akin went from being out of transplant to relapsing with disease everywhere in such short time.. and only a few days later he became an angel.. the same day as my sweet Torre did. Also Penelope is about to gain her angel wings. I just can't believe we're still not getting any closer to the much needed cure. Angel Christi, please help lead researches in the right direction towards the cure! *Stay Strong!*

 
At 13/4/07 10:27 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm so sorry to hear to Kendall's death, this disease is far too cruel and evil.

May God give His family and especially his brother special comfort.

With love, prayers and tears today,
Heather

 
At 14/4/07 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neuroblastoma took another baby. Little Austin (Akin) left this world on the sixth of this month. He was two years old.

 
At 15/4/07 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was checking you site as I often do and I noticed the picture of Kendall..Kendall and my son Steven shared a room In Stonybrook hospital when Kendall had his very first hospital stay..He was just a babt then...I am so sorry to read of his passing..

 
At 15/4/07 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela and Shayne,
The Easter photo's are good, but as you say it does seem odd that Christi is not there, I'm so sorry and I pray for you to feel better.
Shayla looks a lot like daddy, she's a little sweetie.
I'm so sorry to hear that more children are dying from neuroblastoma, I pray that a cure soon be found. Who knows when, you say not in your lifetime, but remember the doctors are working on it now thanks to Christi, so who knows when a cure may be found, they must make some progress with treatment at least!
Take care and hang in there,
lots of love
Angela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home